Solved Delay of 13.0 Release

I've noticed that an additional release candidate (RC4) has been added to the schedule and that the release has been delayed another week.
What are the reasons? Are there any problems with 13.0?

Hmm, with a system that large and complex, there are always at least a few problems you could address. The question is, is the problem severe enough to be a release blocker?

I can't help to find the one that forced yet another RC a little bit amusing ;)

But sure, breaking unattended installs on some (even if less common) platforms is definitely a no-no for a release.

edit: BTW, my personal bug list for 13: PR 254282, PR 254343, plus one I can't properly describe that looks like some race conditions in bringing up bridges and epairs… (but I have workarounds for all of them). If this commit above will be the only one for RC4, I'll skip it :)

Now I will for sure NOT view that video... Guys, could you please let me work?! Reading your comments alone is enough to induce highly unerotic thoughts in my simple mind... This is a tech forum, right?!

you know,in my country there is a podcast about tecnology ..etc
called "dominio digital'
one day the invited this hippie guy..
the guy talks spanish during the entering
interview
and says that this guy wont use hotel, instead of that accept offers to stays in house on everybody that complete their demmands like "air conditioner at x temperature, one coutch,one peric??"

The chain of associations in this thread is quite interesting.

Delay of 13.0 -> Deadline -> GNU Hurd -> Stallman -> Hippie

Conclusion: The people at the FreeBSD foundation are a bunch of hippies. ;)
(No offense, i actually like hippies.)

I wonder if there will be a RC5. :p
Unlikely. Of course, -RC4 opened the opportunity to add other fixes that wouldn't have made it otherwise. But on the last RC, there has to be a really pressing need for a fix to allow a commit, cause the consequence would be yet another RC.

The OpenSSL issue got scaled up because there are working exploits active in the wild. We've had our SOC go nuts over it too.

Back