Default window manager ?

I think the Xorg is not included in the basic CD downloaded from freebsd.org site. It need to be installed through port. Is that right?

You can't move to another workspace by using a keyboard shortcut (Alt+ Ctl + Left/Right).
For example I want to take a screenshot in an open terminal
import fvwm-00.png and I don't want the terminal window in the picture, so to move to another workspace, I click the target workspace in the tab, but then I take the screenshot I don't need.
I think that the annoying feature can be fixed by properly reading its documentation, though.
As for me, I use Fluxbox, and configured convenient keyboard shortcuts, which made this wm very functional.

bijoy_franco said:
howz FVWM? WHat is its cons?
It always depends on your needs and expectations. As for me, it does what I need and I've yet to find cons.

----

Bunyan said:
You can't move to another workspace by using a keyboard shortcut (Alt+ Ctl + Left/Right).
Are you talking about fvwm? And by workspace, do you mean another virtual screen or desktop?

Bunyan said:
import fvwm-00.png and I don't want the terminal window in the picture, so to move to another workspace, I click the target workspace in the tab, but then I take the screenshot I don't need.
I think that the annoying feature can be fixed by properly reading its documentation, though.
Why are you doing all this? Can't you just execute the "import" command from a keyboard binding or root menu item?

xwd, I love it, I use it, I actually make babies with it

Bunyan said:

Well, try something like [cmd=""]sleep 15; xwd -root | xwdtopnm | pnmtopng > screenshot.png[/cmd] (depends on graphics/netpbm, you can use a simple [cmd=""]sleep 15; xwd -root -out screenshot.xwd[/cmd] and then edit screenshot.xwd with gimp or whatnot, if you wish)

Back