and then I compile fresh new ports by command
Code:
portmaster -abdG --no-confirm

It always recompile gmake
===>>> The following actions were performed:
Re-installation of gmake-4.2.1_1
How to stop it?
This happend over a month...

I don't know offhand what all those magic options to portmaster do, but it is guaranteed if you do not check /usr/ports/UPDATING every time before updating ports (yes, every time), it will bite you sooner or later. As will just throwing -a at a port upgrade tool. Please see Upgrading FreeBSD Ports for the best practices.

This command recompiles all ports if it finds newest version of ports in the ports tree than installed on your system. Does not make config, create backup package of an installed port and clean distfiles.

-a check all ports, update as necessary
-b create and keep a backup package of an installed port
-d always clean distfiles
-G prevents 'make config'
--no-confirm
do not ask the user to confirm the list of ports to be installed
and/or updated before proceeding

Yes. I sometimes read /usr/ports/UPDATING . But every day it is inpossible ]:>

But... every day I carried out these commands for several years and generally everything was fine. Only recently a problem with the gmake now.

It's a common build dependency because a huge chunk of the FreeBSD ports either comes directly from GNU or the ports need it anyway because the developers don't really support any other form of make(1). You probably have the ports-mgmt/portmaster option turned on that deletes build time dependencies automatically after a build, this has the side effect of devel/gmake being rebuilt every time you build anything from ports.

But... every day I carried out these commands for several years and generally everything was fine. Only recently a problem with the gmake now.

I use the following command for verifying any news in /usr/ports/UPDATING related to my ports installations:

pkg updating -d `date -v-2w +%Y%m%d`

See pkg-updating(8).

I suspect that you need to build devel/gmake at least once without the -G option in your portmaster command.

You can let as script do that for you as I have done it when using ports-mgmt/portmaster.
Code:
#!/bin/sh
/usr/sbin/portsnap fetch update
if test $((`/usr/bin/stat -f "%a-%m" /usr/ports/UPDATING`)) -ne 0
then
echo "************ /usr/ports/UPDATING modified *************"
/usr/bin/touch /usr/ports/UPDATING
fi

I have had two packages: gmake-lite and gmake in my system.
I deleted both of them. Then I reinstalled/recompiled all packages on my system
by command
Code:
portmaster -afdG --no-confirm
and now is ok
Topic is solved

Back