Solved CWM not using entire display width in horizontal maximization

I use x11-wm/cwm on a 15" display, set to 1024 x 768 pixels.

When I toggle vertical maximization of a window CM-equal, it uses the full space from top to bottom. When I toggle horizontal maximization with CMS-equal 180 pixels on the right side are left free -- the window doesn't maximize to the full display width. When I toggle full screen mode of a window [cmd}CM-f[/cmd] it uses the entire display. Tiling a few windows with window-vtile also leaves a 180px free space on the right.

Does anyone know if not using the full width in horizontal maximization is a feature of CWM or that it is a setting I don't know of?

How can I make CWM use the entire display width in maximization and tiling?

My /etc/rc.conf has 'kld_list="${kld_list} i915kms"' to handle the display, works well. There is no display setting in my ~/.cwmrc

TIA,

I use x11-wm/cwm on a 15" display, set to 1024 x 768 pixels.

When I toggle vertical maximization of a window CM-equal, it uses the full space from top to bottom. When I toggle horizontal maximization with CMS-equal 180 pixels on the right side are left free -- the window doesn't maximize to the full display width. When I toggle full screen mode of a window [cmd}CM-f[/cmd] it uses the entire display. Tiling a few windows with window-vtile also leaves a 180px free space on the right.

Does anyone know if not using the full width in horizontal maximization is a feature of CWM or that it is a setting I don't know of?

How can I make CWM use the entire display width in maximization and tiling?

My /etc/rc.conf has 'kld_list="${kld_list} i915kms"' to handle the display, works well. There is no display setting in my ~/.cwmrc

TIA,

Do you have either of these lines in your .cwmrc by any chance?

Code:
paul@zoo-FreeBSD ~ $ cat .cwmrc
gap 0 0 0 0
borderwidth 0

EDIT: With those two lines I don't have any gaps when I maximise the window. Sorry I accidentally skipped over your last sentence, but some version of one or both of those settings might help.

I *think* border width is for the borders around each window. I too, however, was thinking it might be a gap setting. I've only used cwm in OpenBSD, not Free, but is it possible there's /usr/local/etc file or similar? If it was a gap setting the order is top, bottom, left, right, so it would be something like
Code:
 gap 0 0 0 180

Back