Creating CD's

I have downloaded the iso images and have been trying to create a bootable cd using roxio on my dell laptop but so far have been failing to create a bootable cd.

Any suggestions?

You don't need to make it bootable. They already are. Just burn the iso. Or try powerISO if Roxio doesn't seem to work.

Thanks

That did the trick....now if I only would not have screwed up and forgot to configure a boot sector it would have worked.....as it stands, right now it just loads to grub.....oh well live and learn.

I tried the same thing (with Nero) but the ISO will not install. At the moment I have FreeBSD 4.9 installed. Is there a way I can somehow jump to 7.0 from here (maybe via FTP)?

CaliforniaGuy said:
I tried the same thing (with Nero) but the ISO will not install. At the moment I have FreeBSD 4.9 installed. Is there a way I can somehow jump to 7.0 from here (maybe via FTP)?

�e�e�e�e�e�e�e�e�e!!! Backup !!!�e�e�e�e�e�e�e�e�

I don't think so and don't recommend it. You will learn a lot about what you had running on your 4.9 system if your not meticulous. IMHO- Wait for 7.1-RELEASE. During this time try to document what's running on your system now. Backup your system so that you can restore it from bare metal. Bare metal means you have a working PC that does not boot.

Or you could cheat, something I have done. Buy a new disc drive and install you new system. If you get into trouble mount your other drive read-only and use it as a hot backup (in addition to your real backup). -IMHO

Your mileage may vary.

Back