Contacting a forum user by private messaging

I'm about to try my first migration from mailman2 to mailman3, hence I've been all over the place looking for those who have successfully done this.

Forum user "hardworkingnewbie" said they successfully performed such a migration and posted the instructions here on forums.bsd.com.

Would like to send a private message to that user to see where on this forum the instructions are/were posted.

Searched for user "hardworkingnewbie" and mailman using forum search, no results.

Thanks!
--- Keith

You go to his profile page, there you click on the button "Star conversation".
And If I am not wrong it's a private discussion.

SirDice
Thanks for the info, when clicking the "hardworkingnewbie" link I got this:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
Looks like an Admin such as yourself will have to see if "hardworkingnewbie" is still a user.

Also thanks for pointing out my "forums.bsd.com" typo.
"https forums freebsd org threads an3 without stomping all over mailman2 81716" was close but didn't appear to be a successful solution.

Odd, I can't edit this reply. Oh well.

That is because you are still too fresh in this forum. When you have some postings under your belt and been around some time, the software will graduate you to a user status, so to speak. Then you can look at other profiles and write PMs.

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Looks like an Admin such as yourself will have to see if "hardworkingnewbie" is still a user.
No, his profile is set to members only and you're officially not a member yet, you're still in moderation. You will become a member after 10 posts and 10 days.

But because I tagged his user account he should get a notification of that.

Not quite.
Since within ones user's profile under "privacy" is "View your details on your profile page" set by default to "nobody", and if Hardworkingnewbie did not changed that, you cannot look at his profile, even if you are a full member.

Back