Solved conky tcp mon

Hello everyone, sorry my english is very basic.
I switched Freebsd after years of Linux, I'm really happy.
I have a minor problem, and I search without finding a solution.
In conky the variable tcp_portmon seems not taken into account.
My solution is to launch a shell with iftop.
The question is tcp_portmon in a conky is supported or not.
Thank you very much for paying attention to my minor problem
Code:
tcp_portmon 1 65535 rhost

Some conky variables are 'linux only' like addrs and few are 'freebsd only' like apm_battery_lifetime but you can check the conky man page for further infos.
tcp_portmon should work on both.
BUILD_PORT_MONITORS is enabled by default on Linux but Im not convinced as is the case on FreeBSD.

Some conky variables are 'linux only' like addrs and few are 'freebsd only' like apm_battery_lifetime but you can check the conky man page for further infos.
tcp_portmon should work on both.
BUILD_PORT_MONITORS [/ CMD]

Thank you, your post is surely the good one, when coming back home, I will install the conky package from the sources with:
Code:
BUILD_PORT_MONITORS
[/cmd]

I tested with make since port without success, good I stop, thank you for your help
[BUILD_PORT_MONITORS= ON/CMD] also =yes, and nothing

It won‘t be a FreeBSD Version issue. So you don‘t need to try on 12 which is still under development. Maybe its a Conky version issue or tcp_portmon is general not supported on FreeBSD

Tested in here and it didn't worked. Since IDK how conky get that information, it could be broken for some bug or (most probably) the usual linuxisms. You could contact the maintainer asking about it.

Seems to be linuxism. I‘ve looked at a german BSD Forum where a guy had exact the same concern but its still unsolved respectively postmarked as Linux-only..
If you realy need to listen Connection you could use an alternative tool like net/ntopng although it would be more memory intensive

Thank you for all the info, of course I am updating to the release 12 only stable, and not everything.
I like having a visual connection, but ntopng and iftop will do as well.
Thank you all, and good luck with Freebsd she is really great and especially "clean"

I just found a solution, with the command sockstat -cl4
and the call of the script in my conky
tcdump is good, but a lot can for my workstation permanently
Thank you so much, you helped me get out of the deadlock

Back