Conky “no config file found”

Conky “no config file found”

Does anyone have any experience with installing cunky on bsd? Because I installed mine from port with cd /usr/ports/sysutils/conky/ && make install clean twice and to no effect. If I type in conky all I get is
Code:
Conky: no readable personal or system-wide config  file found
Also there is nothing in /usr/local/share/ where the conky config files should be located.

Any clue to what's going on?

Hi,

Usually one would create their own config as ~/.conkyrc. But an example should exist, see /usr/local/share/examples/conky/conkyrc.sample. Also a google search comes up with plenty of examples

John

Thanks, but how do I specify what file conky should use.
I keep getting the
Code:
Conky: no readable personal or system-wide config file found
error.

zh said:
Thanks, but how do i specify what file conky should use.
[corrected for weird spacing]
As said, Conky expects a config file at ~/.conkyrc. An example config file can be found at /usr/local/share/examples/conky/conkyrc.sample. Therefore, do % cp /usr/local/share/examples/conky/conkyrc.sample ~/.conkyrc and edit ~/.conkyrc to your liking. Or if you find a config file you like somewhere on the Internet (there are several out there), save it as ~/.conkyrc.

To start Conky with a specific config file, use % conky -c [FILE]/path/to/configfile[/FILE]

Hope this helps,

Fonz

fonz said:
As said, Conky expects a config file at ~/.conkyrc. An example config file can be found at /usr/local/share/examples/conky/conkyrc.sample. Therefore, do % cp /usr/local/share/examples/conky/conkyrc.sample ~/.conkyrc and edit ~/.conkyrc to your liking. Or if you find a config file you like somewhere on the Internet (there are several out there), save it as ~/.conkyrc.

To start Conky with a specific config file, use % conky -c [FILE]/path/to/configfile[/FILE]

Hope this helps,

Fonz
Well don't I feel silly, that was almost too easy =)

Thank you sir. And everyone else who helped.

Back