configuring intellimouse

hey guys, on my laptop i have a touchpad that dmesg shows is an intellimouse.
dmesg:
Code:
psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
psm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
psm0: [ITHREAD]
psm0: model IntelliMouse, device ID 3

on this touchpad, on the right side is a little vertical scroll area that seriously annoys the crap out of me. every time i touch near the damn thing it sends the current window flying up and down. is there any way i can disable this scrolling feature?

Is this happening wit Xorg installed?

If so there are settings you can make in the Xorg.conf for the mouse.

yeah its with xorg installed. theres a little area on the right of the pad that is designated to vertical scrolling and i want to disable it.
im running 7.2 stable.

i dont use an xorg.conf.
i just run startx and everything is configured perfectly. the touchpad is configured too perfectly though. lol i want to disable that vertical scrolling without using an xorg.conf.

i tried using the synaptics driver and synclient, but synclient can only work if you have SHM configured in your xorg.conf... and i dont use an xorg.conf. the touchpad wasnt quite up to par with the default synaptics config. it was actually damn horrible.

i just got an idea. ill report back.

edit:
the thing is that when i run X -configure or whatever, xorg doesnt get configured properly like it does when i just run startx.
but i was looking at the xorg log and it should be fairly simple to create a working xorg.conf with the log of what xorg is doing. so im going to try that, then do all the synaptics/shm stuff in the xorg.conf and see what happens.

Back