Configure wireless ?

I create wlan0 device, configure loader.conf and wpa_supplicant.conf
Code:
network={
ssid="D-Link"
psk="****" 
}
In list i see my wireless network but when type dhclient wlan0 there are message wlan0: no link ......

juve_inferno said:
I create wlan0 device, configure loader.conf and wpa_supplicant.conf
Code:
network={
ssid="D-Link"
psk="****" 
}
In list i see my wireless network but when type dhclient wlan0 there are message wlan0: no link ......

That is probably cause you didn't start wpa_supplicant first, which will bring up the link on the interface, when it successfully associated to your AP.

What settings did you put into your /etc/rc.conf file? You will need something like this:
Code:
wlans_ath0="wlan0"
create_args_wlan0="regdomain XXX country YYY"
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP"
Replace XXX and YYY in the above with the correct regdomain and country name for your locale. You can use the following to find out, which regdomains and countries are supported:
# ifconfig wlan0 list countries | more

Once you have those settings in your /etc/rc.conf file, the interface should be brought up automatically on the next reboot.

Is there a way to connect manual with commands? Because each change in network i would have to reset computer.
/boot/loader.conf
HTML:
wlan_wep_load="YES"
wlan_ccmp_load="YES"
wlan_tkip_load="YES"
/etc/rc.conf
HTML:
wlans_ath0="wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP"
wpa_supplicant.conf
HTML:
network={
ssid="D-Link"
psk="****" 
}

I try with SSID Broadcast enabled and disabled but nothing. Router is configured to United States region.

juve_inferno said:
Is there a way to connect manual with commands? Because each change in network i would have to reset computer.

You can have multiple network blocks defined in your /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf file. wpa_supplicant will then automatically switch networks, depending upon availability. If multiple networks are available simultaneously, you can assign priority values to each network block, in order to tell wpa_supplicant, which network it shall prefer over the other.

In general there's no point in doing that manually, and wpa_supplicant does a pretty good job, when configured correctly.

juve_inferno said:
I try with SSID Broadcast enabled and disabled but nothing. Router is configured to United States region.

Do you have the following set in your /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf?
Code:
ap_scan=1

Now when call ifconfig wlan0 is connected to my wireless network but when ping some web site or router "No route to host". Router assigns IP addresses based on MAC addresses of card.

juve_inferno said:
Now when call ifconfig wlan0 is connected to my wireless network but when ping some web site or router "No route to host". Router assigns IP addresses based on MAC addresses of card.

What is the output of [CMD=]ifconfig wlan0[/CMD] and [CMD=]netstat -rn[/CMD] ?

Back