Solved clamtk broken?

Thanks for your help on this.
Now there are 3 or 4 people working on this.
I have to step back as I am learning as I go..
uses=tango should not needed
I believe all that is needed is to {REINPLACE} to fix the path in GUI.pm.
Still reading on that bit.

I am not finding any documentation on reinplace. The best I can do is an old document from OpenDarwin
http://software.icecube.wisc.edu/documentation/projects/cmake/man_portfile.html
Looks like our syntax is same or similar.

reinplace regex filename
Provide in-place sed like editing of a file. Example:

reinplace "s|/usr/local|${prefix}|g" doc/manpage.1

What is the best way to change this Linux path inside a Perl module? Is reinplace still valid?

The only thing I can to is look through all the various ports and their makefiles to find an example.
Can you think of any 'text replacement inside a file' examples for me in the ports tree?
Should this be applied as a patch instead?

The syntax is ${REINPLACE_CMD}. Make -V REINPLACE_CMD shows /usr/bin/sed -i.bak.

I made for me a script:
Code:
#!/usr/local/bin/bash
find /usr/ports/* -name Makefile -print0|xargs -0 grep -i $1

However you name it, I name it "find_in_ports". So it is easy to find examples in the ports tree (command e.g. find_in_ports reinplace).

I don't have the error Kurt Jaeger wrote:
Code:
Icon 'gtk-new' not present in theme at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/ClamTk/GUI.pm line 285
so it is the question if it is a window-manager specific problem (I have fvwm-crystal).

Found in the net a similar problem:
https://github.com/dave-theunsub/clamtk/issues/80

Code:
=> I had the same Problem on CentOS 7 today and was able to fix it by simply installing a package called 'gnome-icon-theme-legacy' which appears to be a split out of 'gnome-icon-theme'.

This package does not exist on FreeBSD, so which of our packages of "gnome-icon..." could solve it? (Maybe, the simple misc/gnome-icon-theme?)

I am still exploring some of the ports system Icon files.
gnome-icons
gnome-icon-theme
gnome-icon-theme-extras
gnome-icon-theme-standard
gnome-icon-theme-symbolic

misc/hicolor-icon-theme might be good to cover all possible desktops.

I just got the diff made for the patch-GUI.pm file. Some reason make makepatch was not working right. for me.
Is it correct to make the /clamtk/file directory manually when make makepatch does'nt work right?

It is a good learning experience. I did find several things broke when I just started compiling random ports to see what they did.
Mostly stuff with a g* name. I was looking at the GTK applications.
'uses=gmake' seemed to be an issue with quite a few. Mostly I was messing in the comm category. I was trying to see how the patches worked and how they are launched from makefile.
Is it automatic when make finds a /file directory or is the patch called up from the makefile?

Yes That was my guide and it failed. It did create a /patchfile.tmp with make makepatch but files were empty.
I used the manual method instead. The handbook didn't mention if I needed to generate the /file directory and use that for the patch location. Looking at other ports that is the end location.

So how do the patches get applied? Automatically or does the makefile need markup?

I see you went with tango for the icons.
That was probably a good move. I see other Linux distros using that as a fix too.
I used gnome-icons-theme for me. The Hicolor port did not work.
I will rebuild my testing machine again and apply this work.

So how do the patches get applied? Automatically or does the makefile need markup?
Patches applies automatically (target make patch). Except extra patches (needs something like that: EXTRA_PATCHES= ${PATCHDIR}/extra-patch-patchname in the Makefile. PATCHDIR is per default "files", but you can define it as you need).
You may have a look at /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk. There is a short explanation about extra patches.

Back