ChatGPT: criminal usecases

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I've "heard" (aka read in trustworthy publications) is that legislature concerning what's "reasonable" for immediate defense differs a lot between states, and there are some where even shooting a person just accidentally trespassing your property without even asking any questions is legal. So, you tell me this is not true? Do you have sources to prove that?

Leaves me puzzled what you think you heard about Germany? What do you think "happened"?
You have an obligation to retreat until that is no longer possible and you must use what the law considered "reasonable force" to stop an attacker. If the attacker is no longer a threat then you are no longer acting in self defense. Here is one resource. There are many others with a simple google search.

Leaves me puzzled what you think you heard about Germany? What do you think "happened"?
Do they not teach about WW2 there? I mean I would slightly understand why they'd try to hide it from their own people.

Being an American, you'd know that some states have a 'Duty to retreat' law, and Texas is NOT one of those states. 😏 And guess who enforces that?
I was actually in the process of typing about the obligation to retreat in my last reply as you sent that. I'm glad isn't one of them. One less criminal each time.

Do they not teach about WW2 there? I mean I would slightly understand why they'd try to hide it from their own people.
Just for transparency, I reported this posting, because it is really deeply insulting. Germany is a top example of actual accounting for its past since many decades. I won't start comparisons now, you can do your own research.

I still wonder how you get this ill idea "restricting weapons" would have played any role. Are these "alternative facts"?

Just for transparency, I reported this posting, because it is really deeply insulting. Germany is a top example of actual accounting for its past since many decades. I won't start comparisons now, you can do your own research.

I still wonder how you get this ill idea "restricting weapons" would have played any role. Are these "alternative facts"?
Ok, on that account I will go back and report every post in this thread I find insulting. I'm not saying they have not done things to try to make amends for their past. I have friends in Germany who have brought the topic up and didn't get this offended over words.

My point is that taking weapons from people leaves them vulnerable.

Ok, on that account I will go back and report every post in this thread I find insulting.
Finding facts "insulting" is a recurring topic. But for what's really insulting, all that matters is the perspective of a hypothetic bystander knowing the relevant facts. Claiming Germany would ignore its history is insulting.
My point is that taking weapons from people leaves them vulnerable.
Oh, if only all these Jews, Sinti, Roma, Communists, Children, Disabled etc just had guns, would have saved them 🤦‍♂️

Hold on... time line doesn't match, Baden Revolution was 100 years before WW2.
True. But at the time I was responding, the thread moved on rapidly.
I tried to offer a more intellectual way for keeping ones face.

That's the American playbook.
I'm aware that the USA has done wrong and that the government has things it doesn't tell the people. I'm also aware that we've given more foreign aid, provided more to the United Nations and done more to ensure global stability than any other country on the planet.

He probably heard about the "Badener Revolution"
I have actually never heard of that before but I appreciate you sharing. I love learning new things.

Ah, the good old, and incorrect, nazi gun control argument.

Wikipedia isn't considered a reliable source in academia. Just because they were approximately 1% of the population does not mean anything. Are you stating that a small percentage of the population shouldn't have any chance of self defense? Also, as someone with a history of rude and unfriendly responses in this forum I'll take what you say with a grain of salt.

SirDice, didn't you notice, you're "rude and unfriendly". So am I, I guess 🤡. Oh, we must work on that!

Yep, spreading outrageous lies and then whining about the responses received is a recurring topic as well. :rolleyes:

Bullshit on that claim.
Well, maybe financially.

But lots of military actions, as well as hidden intrigues (just picking a random one: Panama?) counteract that.

So not sure what the overall "balance" is. But I don't care either...

Wikipedia isn't considered a reliable source in academia.
oh??? Wikipedia sprang up when I was in college, and it was permissible to quote it in our homework. If you wanted to quote academic journals, you had to go to grad school, get to know librarians, and get a referral from your professor for a subscription. How does ACM Journal sound?

Wikipedia sprang up when I was in college, and it was permissible to quote it in our homework.
This is a bit questionable indeed. Wikipedia works quite well "overall", but there's always a risk for, hm, let's say "temporary bullshit" (unless someone discovers it and corrects it).

But then, as SirDice said, Wikipedia lists the sources used. So, you can always do your own assessment. Most of the time, you will find plenty of trustworthy sources that way ;)

Well, maybe financially.

But lots of military actions, as well as hidden intrigues (just picking a random one: Panama?) counteract that.

So not sure what the overall "balance" is. But I don't care either...
How about the recent GPU price spike? That was Uncle Sam's fault for messing with China's technology exports. Oil crisis of 1970s? That was Uncle Sam not liking what he sees in Saudi Arabia. Call that 'global stability' ? I still have a $1900 USD GPU to remind myself of that madhouse.

Finding facts "insulting" is a recurring topic. But for what's really insulting, all that matters is the perspective of a hypothetic bystander knowing the relevant facts. Claiming Germany would ignore its history is insulting.

Oh, if only all these Jews, Sinti, Roma, Communists, Children, Disabled etc just had guns, would have saved them 🤦‍♂️
Out of 6 million people lets purposly under count and say only 2 million we're men of an age to use a firearm reasonably well and, for the sake of argument not count any of the other groups of people who would also have men of an age who could be reasonably be expected to be able to wield a firearm. Are you saying that even the under count of 2 million men could not reasonably defend themselves against a country fighting a two front war and losing?

Yep, spreading outrageous lies and then whining about the responses received is a recurring topic as well.
Whining? I responded to him reporting me. I was making a point that reporting people because my feelings got hurt is childish. I haven't and didn't plan on actually reporting anyone because I'm an adult.

In regards to the being unfriendly, I have seen people leave communities because of rude behavior. People, especially staff, developers and administrators, should be friendly and welcoming towards people. It helps a build and solidify a community.

oh??? Wikipedia sprang up when I was in college, and it was permissible to quote it in our homework. If you wanted to quote academic journals, you had to go to grad school, get to know librarians, and get a referral from your professor for a subscription. How does ACM Journal sound?

Yes, all through my college and highschool years we were told specifically not to use Wikipedia as a source. Maybe it was seen differently on the west coast? I've moved since I've made this account but still more East than I am West.

reporting people because my feelings got hurt
Ok, now I have to call it by the name: This is another typical "talking point" of the Trumpists.

No, you can't "hurt my feelings" (you wish).

But still I won't accept your insults. Why should I? I have a right to defend, remember?

How about the recent GPU price spike? That was Uncle Sam's fault for messing with China's technology exports. Oil crisis of 1970s? That was Uncle Sam not liking what he sees in Saudi Arabia. Call that 'global stability' ? I still have a $1900 USD GPU to remind myself of that madhouse.
I don't think anyone forced you to purchase a $1900 GPU. Why do you support China's mistreatment of workers? I wasn't around nor do I know about the 1970's oil crisis so I'm not commenting on that part.

Ok, now I have to call it by the name: This is another typical "talking point" of the Trumpists.

No, you can't "hurt my feelings" (you wish).

But still I won't accept your insults. Why should I? I have a right to defend, remember?
Maybe you missed the parts where I stated I have no political affiliation and that I was making a point and did not plan to report anything. Politicians are all scammers. Trumpists isn't a word.

I didn't insult you and, given your emotionally based responses, it did hurt your feelings. I was just never one to cry to mommy when someone says something I didn't like. Also, that isn't defending yourself. Defending yourself would be discussing it with me. What you did was more of an equivalent to calling the police because someone made you upset.

I don't think anyone forced you to purchase a $1900 GPU. I wasn't around nor do I know about the 1970's oil crisis so I'm not commenting on that part.
Lol, true. That was my purchase decision, and yeah, I bought it at a bad time.

I was not around for the 1970s oil crisis, either, and reminders of it are disappearing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back