Changed Web Server Static IP, then ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

From your web server, not on the mailserver.
The DNS address in your resolve.conf on all server must be 75.75.75.75 and 75.75.76.76
So change your resolve.conf on both www server and mail server.
nameserver 192.6.1.5
nameserver 192.6.1.6

nameserver 75.75.75.75
nameserver 75.75.76.76

mailserver looks ok, show the stuff on www server
Here's the /etc/rc.conf on the www server. I suspect the www server's ping problems stem from there.
The lines in the red box that are all I've dabbled with on the www server.

Attachments

• rcconfhuntington 002.jpg
    rcconfhuntington 002.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 54
Change the default gateway on your www server to be
in your rc.conf
ifconfig_vr0="inet 10.0.0.2 netmask 255.255.255.0"
defaultrouter="10.0.0.1"

to avoid restarting you can set it directly using (don't forget to change it also in rc.conf so next time it's rebooted it's stay )
ifconfig vr0 inet 10.0.0.2 255.255.255.0
route add default 10.0.0.1

For resolve.conf also change the DNS addresses there.
Unfortunately resolvconf command came from FreeBSD 9 so you have to reload the named instead using resolvconf -u to update the DNS.

From your web server, not on the mailserver.
The DNS address in your resolve.conf on all server must be 75.75.75.75 and 75.75.76.76
So change your resolve.conf on both www server and mail server.
nameserver 192.6.1.5
nameserver 192.6.1.6

nameserver 75.75.75.75
nameserver 75.75.76.76
Here are the /etc/resolv.conf from both servers. Should I ADD the two nameserver lines to what is currently there or delete what is there and have only the two new nameserver lines in each resolv.conf? fyi: the 4.6 is the www and the 4.10 is the mx.

Attachments

• resolvconfhunt.jpg
    resolvconfhunt.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 42
  • resolvconfpitch.jpg
    resolvconfpitch.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 42
Change only the nameservers from
198.6.1.5 to 75.75.75.75
and
192.6.1.6 to 75.75.76.76

Then reload named and test if you have have DNS working by ping google.com or ping yahoo.com

Change the default gateway on your www server to be
in your rc.conf
to avoid restarting you can set it directly using (don't forget to change it also in rc.conf so next time it's rebooted it's stay )
For resolve.conf also change the DNS addresses there.
Unfortunately resolvconf command came from FreeBSD 9 so you have to reload the named instead using resolvconf -u to update the DNS.
Bingo!
Just rebooted and we're back online. I need to run through all of our scripts and partner websites, but I think you got it. The Beatle people thank you, covacat and all of the TRUE experts here!
VladiBG: Can I message you?

Contact Forum moderator and ask him politely to delete this forum thread as you are running very old version and you shared sensitive information here.
Also upgrade your server asap. If you are unable to do it by yourself i recommend to change both mail server and web server to some hosting company and migrate your web site and mail hosting there instead of maintain the risky old version of your current servers.

Change only the nameservers from
198.6.1.5 to 75.75.75.75
and
192.6.1.6 to 75.75.76.76

Then reload named and test if you have have DNS working by ping google.com or ping yahoo.com

Attachments

• success 002.jpg
    success 002.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 46
Thank you ALL for your kind help and talented expertise! It would have taken me several weeks (ask me how I know....on second thought, don't ask....I'd rather not think about it) to get all of this sorted out myself.

Moderator: Again, my apologies for all the ignorant questions and for any inconvenience they may've caused members. I messaged you, but please delete this thread. Thanks again!

Back