Certbot: Command not found

nepsydude

Guys,
i am setting up home server and want to connect it securely through internet. I am in the process of installing certificates and i tried Certbot by Letsencypt, i followed the instruction as on the website.
Webserver is nextcloud under Apache24 and i installed the py36-certbot package. And when you try certbot certonly or even with the webroot, it says certbot: Command not found.

Any ideas why it's saying this?

Thanks in advance

hurricane

On my server It's installed under /usr/local/bin/

Try
#/usr/local/bin/certbot

Or do a rehash first:
#rehash
#certbot

SirDice

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Check which files are installed where: pkg info -l py36-certbot.

Lamia

And you may want to do a soft link to certbot with the py36-certbot.

OP
OP
N

nepsydude

On my server It's installed under /usr/local/bin/

Try
#/usr/local/bin/certbot

Or do a rehash first:
#rehash
#certbot
I tried this, do you know if anything is missing .

Code:
root@FreeBSD12:/usr/local/bin # certbot certonly
certbot: Command not found.
root@FreeBSD12:/usr/local/bin # rehash
root@FreeBSD12:/usr/local/bin # certbot
certbot: Command not found.
root@FreeBSD12:/usr/local/bin # certbot-3.6
ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libpython3.6m.so.1.0" not found, required by "python                                                                             3.6"

Lamia

According to SirDice, it might be installed in a different name e.g. py36-certbot. The reason is that it was built with py36 - default python for FBSD12 (I hope that is true). I might have been certbot if python 2.7 where used as before.

Check here - /usr/local/bin/- for what name it uses.

You can then do a symlink if you want it as certbot if under a different name. There is also a recent thread about pkg acme-client being deleted. And now replaced with acme.sh. Be sure you have certbot.....

SirDice

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

There is also a recent thread about pkg acme-client being deleted. And now replaced with acme.sh.
Slightly different issue though as these two are separate ports. The original certbot is the same port just built with a different Python flavor. The name change is probably because of this (allowing different Python "flavors"), while keeping the naming convention clear, predictable and consistent.

Lamia

Slightly different issue though as these two are separate ports. The original certbot is the same port just built with a different Python flavor. The name change is probably because of this (allowing different Python "flavors"), while keeping the naming convention clear, predictable and consistent.
Thanks SirDice, that was why I suggested that he should do a symlink if he wants.