Solved CBSD experience

Alas, I not have had experience with ezjail.
But judging from the description and experience of using CBSD - the latter has a far greater functionality and features.
In any case, these instruments differ from each other - the choice depends on your needs.

http://www.bsdstore.ru/en/about.html The official website has enough descriptions features and examples use of CBSD.

Yes I have read their website quite a lot.
Did you find it hard to get support for CBSD?
I am not all that good yet and still rely a lot on the help of the people here on the forum

Hi Ole thank you very much for joining in on this topic.
Could you please tell me the main difference between ezjail and cbsd?
I keep reading good stuff about your application but I'm not sure how does it make managing jail easier/better

Could you please tell me the main difference between ezjail and cbsd?
I keep reading good stuff about your application but I'm not sure how does it make managing jail easier/better

I really have not used other jail manager for a long time, so I can not tell which is better. The easiest way to find out - try yourself, and then make feedback in these projects, writing what you do not like it. Personally, I try to automate most of the manual work that I do in the administration of the server farm. Some people wrote that my work was also useful to them. But it must be borne in mind that in all the different needs.

Hi. I am the author of CBSD. Regarding the question about WEB interface: this work still unfinished due to lack of time. Currently I interested in adding support for Xen Dom0 into CBSD, in addition to bhyve.
Ole, could you please clarify if CBSD supports jail integration with ZFS? How do you ZFS snapshot with CBSD and how do you ZFS send the jail to the remote host? The only evidence of ZFS support is this from your website

support for ZFS feature system: ZFS quotes, ZFS send, ZFS snapshots and so on;

Ole, could you please clarify if CBSD supports jail integration with ZFS? How do you ZFS snapshot with CBSD and how do you ZFS send the jail to the remote host? The only evidence of ZFS support is this from your website

Yes, CBSD uses some of the ZFS features ( if hoster system on ZFS, all jails created in personal ZFS dataset ). For discrete replication i adopt https://www.freshports.org/sysutils/zrep/ ( rewrite from ksh to sh, add sysutils/mbuffer support and learn this script for cbsd jail ). It can used through 'cbsd zrep' command.

Since CBSD-on-ZFS created jail in ZFS fileset, you can use outside any other tools for zfs replication.

Frankly, at the moment I do not like how it works and this part requires for refactoring or choosing zrep alternative (e.g zclone). I have not tested it for a long time and this work is stalled due to all my servers (and all companies around me) migrated to Linux ;-). In my spare time i've focused mainly on bhyve support in CBSD, 'localhost development'

• Thanks
Reactions: Oko
Back