Solved Card Reader

Hello, I'm new here.

I've the following problem:
I want to integrate a Card Reader (SPR 532) to my virtual FreeBSD-machine.
I installed:
- devel/pcsc-lite
- security/engine_pkcs11
- devel/libccid
- security/ifd-slb_rf60
- security/opensc

I did all changes included in pcsc-lite/files/pkg-message.in and opensc/pkg-message. I added the code to /etc/devd.conf and copy the code of /usr/local/etc/opensc.conf-sample to opensc.conf (It's correct?).

But if I run the command opensc-tool -l, I get "No card reader found".

Does anyone have a reason for this problem?

I use FreeBSD 10.1

Thanks for help!

Keep in mind you are running on virtualized hardware and don't have direct access to the USB ports. It may work using USB pass through but as far as I know that only works on USB 1.0 speeds, if it works at all.

Keep in mind you are running on virtualized hardware and don't have direct access to the USB ports. It may work using USB pass through but as far as I know that only works on USB 1.0 speeds, if it works at all.
VirtualBox supports USB 2.0 with their extension pack. Whether they have extension pack for FreeBSD guest is another story.

@OP In my experience getting military smart cards to work with anything other than Windows XP is challenging at best. Windows 7 if iffy, Linux is no go in my experience. Windows XP is still the default OS of U.S. armed forces.

Just another conformation. OpenBSD mostly likely will remove the code which "supports" cards.

http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=144414259131457&w=2

Thanks! But I must work with FreeBSD :/

The reason:
I will integrate a card reader in a System based on FreeBSD. So I haven't another way.
I think I know the mistake now: The driver doesn't installed correctly. I use devel/libccid (See picture). It should be exist a file named reader.conf in /usr/local/etc. That file must be updated, but how if not exist?! If I download the source from producer page and want install it using make install command, it really doesn't work.

Attachments

• pcsc-lite_massage.JPG
    pcsc-lite_massage.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 731
Packages and ports usually don't install a config file to prevent clobbering existing config files. Most packages have a *.sample config file. Copy that to the correct name and you should be good to go.

Hello again, I don't know why, but its work only for 5 minutes after reboot, the card reader doesn't detected again.
SirDice: I don't have a reader.conf-sample.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dislike the system! Now the next wrong step: If PC-BSD is running, and I mount a reader all right. But if PC-BSD is running and I UNMOUNT the reader PC-BSD doesn't notice this. So opensc think the reader is mount all the time. Anyone a idea what happens?
In the log (/var/log/message) I get:
Code:
"Executing 'logger Unknown USB device: vendor 0x04e6 product 0xe003 bus uhub2'
root: Unknown USB device: vendor 0x04e6 product 0xe003 bus uhub2"

Back