Cant login into steam

Hello im having issues with linuxulator-steam-utils. When i try to run it i only see a blue screen in which should be the steam login and in the terminal it outputs this

src/steamexe/main.cpp (254) : Assertion Failed: reaping pid: 5448 -- unknown

steamwebhelper.sh[5452]: Runtime for steamwebhelper: defaulting to /usr/home/"NAME"/.steam/steam/ubuntu12_64/steam-runtime-heavy
steamwebhelper.sh[5452]: CEF sandbox already disabled
/usr/home/amort/.steam/steam/ubuntu12_64/steamwebhelper.sh: line 115: in_container[@]: unbound variable
Can anybody help me solve this issue?.

I had this same error and managed to at least get Steam working by removing that part of line 115 in that file.

It’s in the steamwebhelper.sh file at the very bottom.
Just remove the part it references right after exec including the quotations around it.

It had no effect on my ability to play games.

The annoying part is that Steam will update and you have to do this every time you open the app.

Also make sure you use the flags needed in your command.

So:
1) steam -noreactlogin -no-cef-sandbox (I also add -cef-single-process cause Remote Play crashes without it)
2) Once you see the blank login screen pop up change the line I said above and save the file
3) Wait a few seconds and it should all work out

Edit: Does anyone know how to fix this permanently? Fix the need to remove that line and also make Steam launch with those parameters every time instead of typing them in the command?

livewire One more thing to add is that if you don't want to do this every time opening steam you can add -noverifyfiles to your command and it won't rewrite that change every time.

Back