Solved can't log in as root

I installed the bash package and then I did a chsh and changed the shell from csh to bash and now I can't log in as root. The error is:
Code:
login: /bin/bash: No such file or directory

Sorry I broke it on my first day :p

bash is not /bin/bash, it's /usr/local/bin/bash.
Everything installed from ports goes in /usr/local
Refer to hier(7)
To fix your system reboot in single user mode (4 on loader) or just type shutdown now, you will be asked for the shell to use, then reset the shell for root.

BTW, do not use bash for root, use the toor account.

I started the single user mode thing and It asked me to type in the shell and I typed "/bin/csh" and then I get this error.
Code:
sh: Cannot open /etc/termcap.
sh: using dumb terminal settings.

SirDice that worked. While typeing those commands in, at some point it asked me a ton of questions and just kept answering "y". I hope that was ok lol.

Thanks both for the quick responses!

actionM said:
I started the single user mode thing and It asked me to type in the shell and I typed "/bin/csh" and then I get this error.
Code:
sh: Cannot open /etc/termcap.
sh: using dumb terminal settings.
This is because /etc/termcap is a link to /usr/share/misc/termcap. but /usr is not mounted at that moment.
As DD said, ignore the message and go ahead.

actionM said:
SirDice that worked. While typeing those commands in, at some point it asked me a ton of questions and just kept answering "y". I hope that was ok lol.
It means your filesystem was a little screwed up. You can also run # fsck -y to always answer yes.

Back