Can't install FreeBSD 7.4 and 8.2

Ok. Let's begging from 0. Maybe is not BSD's problem or yours. Maybe is hardware's problem. Well. BSD support the most of the hardware but sometimes not everything! Have not a huge list of hardware that supports like Linux!
See here the hardware that FreeBSD support and see if is compatible with your hardware!

Well, from this list that you show me just my mainboard isn't on the list. I use an MSI ms-7250 and everything else is on the list.

Ok. Check everything about your mobo. Network, chipset, sound, onboard graphics card (if have one), cpu, sound, everything! First because you must know exactly your hardware to setup BSD. Second because maybe you can find what is exactly that cause the problem. Also your bios settings again. Is your HDD to IDE or to Achi for example? Check the cpu / dvd drive options. Bios settings can make an OS to do not boot! Also. Try with another DVD drive!!!! May this cannot read good the dvd. 2 years ago I tried to install IDENEB. I had kernel corruption during install. It was DVD drives fault!!!! When changed DVD drive the same cd just worked!

Back