Can't get Nero 3 activated & FreeBSD 7.0 Release

Hi Forum,

I have just installed Linux Nero 3 out of the ports, they are up to date, i did this yesterday with portfetch. I installed Linux Nero 3 and it worked, without any failures/errors. The Program starts and ask me to enter a valid serial nr. but the OK button doesn't work if i do so. I tried this with the Nero 3 Trail Version from Neros Homepage but it was the same thing. I searched the internet for quite a while but didn't get any answers. I found out that i am not the only one how has this problem. May be someone has a succesfully working Nero 3 on FreeBSD, and is kind enough to tell me how he/she made this happen.

Cheers

Daniel

are you sure you have got a serial no. for linux edition? I think the windows serials are different to linux ones...

danger@ said:
are you sure you have got a serial no. for linux edition? I think the windows serials are different to linux ones...

I have the same issue with 7.1-RELEASE #4. I've even purchased a key from the nero website for the linux version. It allows the valid key to be input, but the OK key remains greyed out.

You need to buy serial number for FreeBSD version too.
In other words FreeBSD can not emulate all linux stuff.

richardpl said:
You need to buy serial number for FreeBSD version too.
In other words FreeBSD can not emulate all linux stuff.

There is a FreeBSD version?? The ports only have Linux Nero and the Nero home page doesn't say anything about a FreeBSD version - that I can find.

Back