Can't find package

Beastie said:
jb_fvwm2, metaports too have their packages. How would you install the entire Xorg, GNOME, Xfce, etc. from packages otherwise (other than installing everything manually of course)?
And the gnome2.tbz package exists (for i386 at least).

toweris, as I said in my last post, the package doesn't seem to exist for the AMD64 architecture. Do you get the same error with other packages? Also can you run the
% fetch [noparse]ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-8-stable/Latest/gnome2.tbz[/noparse]
command on your shell successfully?
I can install other packages and command ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-8-stable/Latest/gnome2.tbz works successfully.

So in that case what should I do to fix this issue? This problem happens in all desktop environments.

I guess you have no choice but to compile from ports. Example with portmaster that you need to install first: [cmd=]# portmaster -P /usr/ports/x11/gnome2[/cmd]
The "-P" flag will save you some time, because of the use of packages when possible, but expect a long compilation. Maybe Xfce would be a better choice then. Or you can choose a light windows manager like Fluxbox (available through packages).

I have installed Xfce instead of gnome from ports. But now I don't know if that works.
I would like to have the xrdp server accept remote dektop connections, but I don't know how to configure and log in (I have IPv6).
Anyonne know how to do that?

Back