Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (5.15.8) with this library (5.15.10)

Dear FreeBSD forum,

I have updated my system from 13.1-RELEASE-p5 to p9.

On update I found , I can not open Libreoffice.

I tried to execute /usr/local/bin/libreoffice

Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (5.15.8) with this library (5.15.10)

pls share a sollution to this scenario...

31.1-RELEASE-p5
So, what's the weather like 20 years in the future? Do you have a sport's almanac I can borrow :D

But I assume you actually meant 13.1-RELEASE. Which is end-of-life now, upgrade to 13.2. And upgrade your packages, all of them.

SirDice

I have posted problem I am facing once upgraded to 13.2. I request to pls guide to solve it.

Basically keyboard donot take input, at login prompt. Keyboard stops working.

I had a similar problem when updating (Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (5.15.8) with this library (5.15.10)):
pkg: 1.19.2 -> 1.20.7

I did it:
# pkg update -f
# pkg upgrade -f
it helped me.

Did you try what VladiBG suggested on your other post?

You are more likely to get help and things fixed on a supported version like 13.2.

You need to figure out why your keyboard doesn't seem to be working under X in 13.2. But before you can work that out you need to see if it is just X or an issue before you even get that far.

So you need to try booting into Single User mode under 13.2 or boot into a live shell and see if your keyboard works under 13.2 without X or XFCE.

If it doesn't work then why not? If it does work, why does it work before you start X but not after?

It's a process of elimination.

SOLVED!!!

pkg delete libreoffice && pkg autoremove { autoremove is important , as this deletes Qt5-5.15.8 from the system}
pkg update
pkg upgrade

pkg install xorg slim xfce { this is to make sure all thing concerned are upto date }

pkg install libreoffice { install fresh copy libreoffice }

i happened to install firefox and it installed qt library 5.15.8 and then i got that error

Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (5.15.8) with this library (5.15.12)

pkg upgrade fixed it, thanx!

Back