Cannot boot FreeBSD

Hey guys,

I have following problem:
I can't boot anymore my FreeBSD Machine.

It always give me following errormessage:
7b620b094e165beae7ca23806396eca7.png

Did you run an update? What did you do before this happened?

no, seems not. I tryed to paste /bin/sh as well i pressed RETURN.
He gives me always the error message.

Is there no way to fix that without to install again the machine?

Alright, use /rescue/sh instead, everything in /rescue is statically built specifically for situations like this.

You can try and fix the issue. Question remains, did you run an update recently? Or did something else that changed settings? Perhaps a similar power outage as the person in that other thread had?

No I didn't run a update. I don't know why, but there was a problem when I runned the command mysql. He gave me the same error now like at boot.
Is there a way to fix that libs or a way to log in again to my machine and make backups?

Is there a way to fix that libs
Do you use UFS or ZFS? After you run these commands:
Code:
/rescue/ldconfig /lib /usr/lib /usr/local/lib
/rescue/ldconfig -32 /usr/lib32 /usr/local/lib32/compat
Does /bin/sh start without the library error?

I don't realy know what UFS or ZFS is.
It's the filesystem you used. Post the output from /rescue/mount, you can tell the difference from the way the root filesystem is presented there. We need to provide the correct commands to make the filesystem writable. Then we can fix the library problem.

If i write /rescue/sh that works.
I'd be surprised if /rescue/sh didn't work.

Ok, so you have UFS (remember that).

Code:
/rescue/mount -u /
/rescue/mount -a -t ufs
/rescue/ldconfig /lib /usr/lib /usr/local/lib
/rescue/ldconfig -32 /usr/lib32 /usr/local/lib32/compat
That should probably fix it.

That's fine, that /usr/local/lib32/compat may or may not exist. All the other commands and directories do work. Can you run /bin/sh now? And does it start without it the library error? If that works try rebooting the system. Hopefully the issue has been resolved now.

lol it worked, I can boot in my system again, thank you very much SirDice .

I don't know if this is the right forum, but it was probably the main reason, why I fucked something up, because I can't use mysql command.
If I write the mysql command this message is popping out, do you maybe know something about this or is it the wrong forum?
fe34568d3e7b38a3c8e70bba642f3f28.png

If I write the mysql command this message is popping out, do you maybe know something about this or is it the wrong forum?
This should go in the "Ports and packages" section. I suspect it's because you built MySQL from ports and have DEFAULT_VERSIONS+= ssl=openssl in make.conf.

Back