can i install freebsd 32 bit in 64 intel??

The "i386" version of FreeBSD will work fine on x86_64 hardware. (That is, if your Intel isn't Itanium, it will work.)

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the Virtual PC part. I have installed FreeBSD inside Virtual PC, so yes, you can do that. Also the fact that you're running a 64-bit OS shouldn't make a difference while installing 32-bit FreeBSD inside Virtual PC.

Perhaps you can clarify your question a bit?

Hi Oxyd

i am so sorry about my english, i am from Oman but i will try the best to describe my problem even as i think you already answer me!

i have win Vista 64 bit OS, and i have installed a program called Virtual PC which is from microsoft company, this version of virtual PC supports 64 bit and i have downloaded FreeBSD 8.0 can i install it on my machine with that virtual PC??

also i have another question!! :)

can i use KDE GUI to use FreeBSD using Virtual PC??

thanx

anti said:
i have win Vista 64 bit OS, and i have installed a program called Virtual PC which is from microsoft company, this version of virtual PC supports 64 bit and i have downloaded FreeBSD 8.0 can i installed on my machine with that virtual PC??

Yes, you can do that.

anti said:
also i have another question!! :)

can i use KDE GUI to use FreeBSD using Virtual PC??

thanx

You can, but I think it will be quite slow under Virtual PC. But that depends on your hardware, of course -- at least you can try it.

can u add me on your MSN??

[ email address removed: don't put your email address on forums! - Mod ]

ok ... i tried to install KDE ... but the system can not enter the internet to fetch programs.. i do not what is the problem!!

also i tried to use usb flash but it can not detect it!!
i used this command:
Code:
mount -t msdosfs /dev/ad0 /mnt

Back