Can "freebsd-update upgrade" be run non-interactively?

Hi all,

Trying to run a freebsd-update command non-interactively (through Ansible):

Code:
$ freebsd-update -r 10.3-RELEASE upgrade --not-running-from-cron
However, it keeps hanging on wanting interactive input. Nothing I've tried so far (eg "echo y |", piping a response file, etc) has managed to get around this interactivity problem. eg:

Code:
Does this look reasonable (y/n)?
Nothing in the man page seems to address this, and none of the options in /etc/freebsd-update.conf seem relevant.

Surely there must be some way to force the upgrade command to continue, instead of hanging?

Thanks. To me that sounds like a bug. It's possible I'm coming at this from the wrong angle though.

What I'm trying to do is stand up new infrastructure servers in the Rackspace Cloud, for a reasonably widely used OSS project.

Rackspace have offered us substantial hosting (so no changing provider), but only have FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE-p15 available.

Trying to update things to 10.3-RELEASE-<current> while standing things up, as 10.1 is EOL in 3 months.

Babysitting individual server upgrades, when the result doesn't actually needing babysitting, seems non-optimal. We're not talking hundreds of servers (yet :>), but still...

Should this be approached differently?

Thanks SirDice. Tried that now, but no luck. Still hangs.

Guess we'll either need to build a golden master manually (ugh) to clone from, or look into building from source remotely. There must be some way of making this work. :)

The golden master approach for Rackspace seems to be effective, as the Rackspace images already have cloud-init installed.

So, VM's created from the golden master's image (with 10.3-RELEASE-p7 installed) have the right network + hostname details from the very first boot.

Seems like a win. :)

Back