CAD programs for FreeBSD

Hi,

I work everyday with CAD (AutoCAD) but there is a really lack of CAD programs on Unix.
QCad and it's fork LibreCad are the only "good" programs.

Few years ago, I tried to port DraftSight (not open, but free) on FreeBSD, but missing Linux libraries. Maybe a day me or someone will port it.

Also, you can do multi line of 999 length and join them all.
Sorry if i come off as ignorant, but.............

Quote: "I work everyday with CAD (AutoCAD) but there is a really lack of CAD programs on Unix.". End quote.

Now, im nowhere near knowledgeble, but werent names and phrases such as UNIX, SGI, HPUX, Solaris, and so on, synonymous with everything and anything related to professional workstations?. What happened???. Didnt they used to dominate the CAD scene?

Sorry if i come off as ignorant, but.............

Quote: "I work everyday with CAD (AutoCAD) but there is a really lack of CAD programs on Unix.". End quote.

Now, im nowhere near knowledgeble, but werent names and phrases such as UNIX, SGI, HPUX, Solaris, and so on, synonymous with everything and anything related to professional workstations?. What happened???. Didnt they used to dominate the CAD scene?
Welcome to the FreeBSD forum…
You noticed, you are replying to a 9 year old thread?

well yes, but im old and not too up to date with how the world works. I just assumed the poster was still around somewhere?
Hello, you can create a new thread by clicking on this option.

Screenshot_2024-01-07-22-52-15-225_com.brave.browser-edit.jpg

Back