C for Dummies 2nd edition

for anyone who wants to learn c or c++ properly and to be guided by world renowned experts - i suggest you subscribe to the usenet group (also available via google groups) alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++

I spent many years exclusively using C++ on various platforms, neglecting C. Only in the last year have I realised that C++ isn't half as good as C - the master language.

chancey said:
I spent many years exclusively using C++ on various platforms, neglecting C. Only in the last year have I realised that C++ isn't half as good as C - the master language.

I bet you cannot substantiate this on a technical level.

I think this can be explained on philosophy and psyhology level xD Life is strange and not everything is just technics ))

neilms said:
I bet you cannot substantiate this on a technical level.

Of course there is no perfect language across the board, but in terms of maturity, stability, operating system support, libraries, influence and overall software written in C, nothing comes close. When a modern language like java (written in C) talks to mysql (written in C) on linux (written in C) thats managed by git (written in C) ... you see where i'm going with this.

Back