C buildworld with gcc

Hello guys.
When i make buildworld to rebuild the whole system with gcc4.8.5 in freebsd11 rc3. it appears errors when build the gnu libstdc++. But the clang had no error. The version of gcc in the src is 4.2.1.
What cause the problem?
We cannot build the system with gcc in the new version?
I just want to rebuild system to remove the LLVM/clang.

The base OS is to be built with Clang. Using any other compiler can fail and isn't supported. Why are you trying to build it with GCC? And why such an old GCC?

The base OS is to be built with Clang. Using any other compiler can fail and isn't supported. Why are you trying to build it with GCC? And why such an old GCC?
Thanks!
I prefer to use gcc more than clang.
The newer gcc such as gcc5 gcc6 will be ok?
I found that all the .mk files have the option of gcc and clang.

The only supported compiler is Clang. So it may or may not work.
Well. Thanks a lot.
The result is that Base OS only support Clang and GCC4.2.1which is in the freebsd source code. Other compiler and other version GCC are not supported.
So what I can do is, use clang build gcc4.2.1 and install. then use gcc4.2.1 build.
So...

Please stop using that old compiler. It's only included because older FreeBSD versions were built with it. Use the proper tools to build the OS or there's simply no guarantee it builds. And even if it builds there's no guarantee about it's stability. Any issues you run into will be met with the same response: use the default compiler.

Please stop using that old compiler. It's only included because older FreeBSD versions were built with it. Use the proper tools to build the OS or there's simply no guarantee it builds. And even if it builds there's no guarantee about it's stability. Any issues you run into will be met with the same response: use the default compiler.
Okay. It seems very dangerous with gcc .I'll use the default compiler.

Back