Solved buildworld fails. contrib/googletest

I'd like to have a nginx webserver. To do that, one obviously needs a working base system with ports.
But I see buildworld errors on both i386 and amd64.
contrib/googletest or gmock-matchers_test issue.....
System ran out of swap space so the build failed and adding more swap doesn't help.
Advice on what to do ?

( Why do we need google code in the base system at all ? )

12.0-RELEASE-p6
/usr/src: 12.1-RELEASE

12.0-RELEASE-p6
12.0 is EOL since end of February, i highly recommend to update to 12.1 first before you try anything else.

I'd like to have a nginx webserver. To do that, one obviously needs a working base system with ports.
Actually, you don't need ports. You can use packages instead. They are much easier to use. Hav you tried just installing the nginx package, and see what happens?

But I see buildworld errors on both i386 and amd64.
Sorry, we can't help debug "buildworld errors". If you expect assistance, then you really need to give us a lot more detail. Like: exactly what error message shows up when you do exactly what?

( Why do we need google code in the base system at all ? )
This is not the base system. These are ports and packages. Neither googletest nor googlemock are in the base system.
I don't know whether Nginx depends on those packages. It might, they are widely used to software testing.

12.0-RELEASE-p6
/usr/src: 12.1-RELEASE
Are you seriously telling us that you are running 12.0 and building from 12.1 sources? In addition to the obsolescence fact that freebsd_noob already pointed out, that mismatch alone makes further checking pretty pointless.

Actually, you don't need ports. You can use packages instead. They are much easier to use. Hav you tried just installing the nginx package, and see what happens?
Good tip, thanks.

Sorry, we can't help debug "buildworld errors". If you expect assistance, then you really need to give us a lot more detail. Like: exactly what error message shows up when you do exactly what?
I was trying to build the base system from /usr/src . It was resolved by adding a few gigs of extra swap and redoing the make buildworld....

Back