Boot problem after dumb mistake when upgrading zpool after 13.2 -> 14, now "vdev_zaps_v2" missing

Hey,
I have a generic PC running 14.0p3/4, initial freebsd-update to 14 from 13.2 went fine, then a few patch levels, and yesterday I did a freebsd-update to grab p4. Foolishly I did a zpool status, noticed it was suggesting an update, ran zpool update on zroot, and then got distracted by another urgent thing that happened, rebooted without paying sufficient attention to the warning about it "maybe not booting" .. and you guessed it, no boot ...
The by now common "unsupported feature: com.delphix:head_errlog"
Some search engine'ing and mucking about, I've got the system to boot off the 14.0 install image from a USB drive, and got into the shell from the installer, followed this set of instructions ( https://unixsheikh.com/tutorials/upgrading-to-freebsd-14-how-to-fix-a-broken-bios-bootcode.html )

# gpart bootcode -b /boot/pmbr -p /boot/gptzfsboot -i 2 nda0

The root drive is a Samsund NVMe SSD, slice 2 is the "freebsd-boot" slice as reported by gpart show (can't C&P, the device is not on a network ATM)
It's a UEFI boot on a reasonably new generic PC motherboard.

Now I see a different error
"ZFS: unsupported feature: com.klarasystems:vdev_zaps_v2"
And .. it doesn't boot.

gpart show shows, for nda0 :
nda0 GPT
1 efi
2 freebsd-boot
- free -
3 freebsd-swap
4 freebsd-zfs
- free -

and also

diskid/DISK-S5Gblahblah GPT
1 efi
2 freebsd-boot
- free -
3 freebsd-swap
4 freebsd-zfs
- free -

I have an rsync'd backup of all the important stuff on it, so worst case, I reinstall but it would be a PITA. This can't be that hard to fix!

I'm on a timeline, the box is a network server/gateway and I need it back up by tomorrow my time (so ~18 hrs from now), can any of you wize freebsd wizards point me at the right thing to do to get this going again?

While waiting for this to clear moderation, I'm trying to find out more .. the ZFS version on the 14.0 boot image suggests it supports vdev_zaps_v2, according to zpool upgrade -v anyway :
vdev_zaps_v2
Support for root vdev ZAP.

So it *should* be ok?
Did I do something wrong with gpart bootcode above?

After more search-engine'ing, I found this suggesion for a UEFI system :
gpart bootcode -p /boot/boot1.efi -i2 nda0

It's still not finding com.klarasystems:vdev_zaps_v2 :(

"fixed"
I needed to follow this instruction :

Back