bhyve Bhyve graphical control panel

Hi,
I use FreeBSD since many years now but I'm new to bhyve.
I search a graphical interface like you can have with vsphere or virtualbox.
I know there are some of these like bvcp but I dont know witch are the interesting ones.
Before else I'm a vsphere admin so the closer to vsphere hmtl interface the better.
What advice can you give ?
On an other side is there any way to do live migration with bhyve ?
I guess cold migrations should be easy to do with zfs snapshots.

cbsd seems to be a cli/curses tool but ClonOS has some graphical interface.
But ... all of this seems to be "made in russia" for the most part of it and nowdays it's not really a good point.

sysutils/cbsd seems quite popular (never used it myself). Description only mentions jails but it can handle bhyve too.
I've been using sysutils/cbsd for many years. I evaluated several different solutions but cbsd stood out. Of course, it depends on your requirements/situation but personally it ticks all the boxes on my ends. YMMV.
It can also do Xen and QEMU, not just bhyve.
Ole is involved and he has been quite a good helper.
As far as I know he's not just involved but rather the original author and main developer. Great guy. Very quick on answering questions, fixing bugs and implementing new features.

To actually answer OP's question: I came across BVCP quite a while ago but never tried it: https://bhyve.npulse.net/
As you already mentioned this yourself I'd recommend to just give it a try. I might recall this incorrectly but I think for me the deal breaker was that at least one component was a closed source proprietary binary blob.

But back to cbsd 👿
Really, it ticks pretty much all the boxes. It works very well in simple scenarios from running on a laptop up to having large(r) multi-node clusters with migration across nodes and everything.
The more I start(ed) using GUIs, the more I came to understand that for these types of systems you really don't want a GUI. Either the system is dead simple (i.e. very small interface) which makes a GUI kinda useless to begin with or the system is larger complex in which case a GUI is either going to be complex too or just not offering the same power/flexibility of a good TUI.

cbsd seems to be a cli/curses tool but ClonOS has some graphical interface.
But ... all of this seems to be "made in russia" for the most part of it and nowdays it's not really a good point.

why ? the russian programmers are not the same thing as the russian politicians. This is a senseless form of discrimination. We should be focused against the wars and who wants them,not against the russians tennis players or the programmers. I am amazed at the position you have taken. I have always considered the USA as a mature democracy, so the place where you don't distance yourself even from the people who honestly do their job and maybe many of them are even against wars.

Sure, like I say in the first post I'm looking to bvcp but I wanted to know if there is something else to look at.
And I have nothing against russian people guys, my best friend is russian (but not living there).

With the help of a lot of good freebsd experienced users I have created my own bhyve scripts,so I don't need to use some kind of web interface,unless it is exacty as I want.

Last edited:
Sure, like I say in the first post I'm looking to bvcp but I wanted to know if there is something else to look at.
And I have nothing against russian people guys, my best friend is russian (but not living there).
you have nothing against russian people still things you write shows exactly the opposite. So my guess is that you don't know what you're talking about and you're brainwashed by media.

In the west is very easy to fall victim by a suffocating pile of surreal bullshit, the biggest one I've read is that russian soldiers fought with pizza peels.

Back