Solved automatically reboot

What else information do you need? Freebsd boots for about 5 seconds and reboot automatically

What else information do you need? Freebsd boots for about 5 seconds and reboot automatically
What shows on the screen could be a good start since we don't know what you're seeing there.

What else information do you need?
The version of FreeBSD and what kind of hardware you have for starters. And it would be nice to know what you did before it started crashing at boot.

Nothing crashes on that video. So what do you think it should show?

Video doesn't show that.

Questions still remain, what version of FreeBSD and what kind of hardware do you have?

freebsd 13.1, for hardware, I remeber there is a site bsd-hardware.info.I haven't find the information yet

There is a panic message at ~00:12, but as the player is dumb, I can't make it stop at that moment. Please do that locally, and provide screenshot of the panic messages.

I can just make out panic: VERIFY3(0 == dmu_bonus_hold(os, object, dl, &dl- which seems to suggest an issue with the ZFS filesystem on the disk.

Has this system ever worked? When did you install it? How was the installation done (disks, root and boot file systems)? Was it upgraded? When was the last time it worked? What did you do to it since the last time it worked? Can you access it to boot it from a memory stick? Have you tried booting into single user mode?

How valuable is the data on the system? Would it be easiest to wipe the system and reinstall it? What operating system would you use if you reinstalled?

The last time I used the system was about 5 days ago, I do nothing since the last time I use it. The system is upgraded to 13.1 from 13.0. I can't boot into singer user mode, I can only use option 3. It's easier to wipe the system and reinstall it, but I don't want to. I still install FreeBSD.

I get the picture

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-02-22 09-29-28.png
    Screenshot from 2023-02-22 09-29-28.png
    478.8 KB · Views: 76
I can't boot into singer user mode
You get the same crash?

How to fix it?
I suspect the USB drive itself has gone bad, that probably corrupted the filesystem to such an extent the system simply crashes trying to read it. You can try importing the pool on a different system, maybe that's enough to get some data off it.

Is this a USB memory stick or a USB external harddisk? Memory sticks are notorious for dying without any warning.

Have you tried attaching the disk to another FreeBSD machine?

some googling says that it's a damaged pool
try to boot from other external disk/install disk and see if you can import the problematic pool

It's a 2TB HDD, maybe it's damaged. Though it has nothing important data on it, the configuration of the system takes a lot of time. I'll install it on SSD next time.

Back