Solved audio/ncmpcpp update failure

Using FreeBSD 10.1-STABLE r276386. There was recently an update to the audio/ncmpcpp port. When attempting to update the port I'm getting a configure error. The trimmed error output is:
Code:
checking for main in -lboost_locale... no
configure: error: no boost.locale library found
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
A link to the full attempted build output here.

pkg check -d -a and pkg_libchk return nothing. All required dependent ports are installed and have been re-installed just to make sure it's not a missing dependency issue. Is anyone else possibly seeing this? I'd like to make sure there isn't something I missed before filing a bug report. Thanks.

I try to compile it, and try some changes in configure and Makefile, but the same result. This seems to be a bug. You should mail to the maintainer.

Thanks talsamon. I'll probably just file a bug report.

If anyone else using ports runs into this issue, a package does exist for the updated port. I've successfully installed it and it does seem to work without issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for you. On my system ncmpcpp package works only partially - screens from 6 to 10 don't work. Although the package is built with all options enabled.

I see that someone has filed a bug report, I also emailed the maintainer so lets hope someone comes up with a solution.

Good for you. On my system ncmpcpp package works only partially - screens from 6 to 10 don't work. Although the package is built with all options enabled.

I see that someone has filed a bug report, I also emailed the maintainer so lets hope someone comes up with a solution.
Yeah, I see similar. I didn't test everything as I only use it for playlist management more or less and prefer to manage my audio library manually. I've added my configure output to PR 196467 as it looks like the person who originally filed it only posted the error itself and am not sure that will help much.

Looked at this a bit more. Seems the configure failure above only happens when devel/boost-libs is linked against the converters/libiconv port. If devel/boost-libs is built against base iconv(1), audio/ncmpcpp builds successfully.

Unfortunately, the resulting package built is identical to the most recent package in the repository. The following options seem to be missing whether enabled or not in the port options:
Code:
CLOCK        clock-screen support
OUTPUTS      Enable outputs screen
VISUALIZER   Enable music visualizer screen
I don't know why that is, but I will look at this some more when I have more time.

This problem was irritating me a bit. After a bit of reading, I reverted some changes in the port's Makefile. The port now builds, and installs correctly with all chosen options. All features were tested(I think) and work. Will attach a patch to PR 196467 for consideration when Bugzilla is back online and I have a chance.

Code:
% ncmpcpp -v
ncmpcpp 0.6.2_pre

optional screens compiled-in:
- tag editor
- tiny tag editor
- artist info
- outputs
- visualizer
- clock

encoding detection: enabled
built with support for: curl fftw ncurses taglib unicode
%

EDIT: Don't know when I'll have time so attaching to this post as well.

Attachments

• Makefile.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 250
Back