ASUS ZENBook 13 (UX433FN) touchpad unrecognized

This is really old stuff, it shouldn't be used nowadays: there is no need to -configure and create a full xorg.conf.
Have you read the handbook? Make sure you have your X server running without any xorg.conf*. Make sure that your USB mouse works. Then create a xorg.conf with a couple of sections and (re)start Xorg.
Solution probably found! All your suggestions were very important for me. I thought: the touchpad does perfectly work with OpenBSD; my X server runs without any xorg.conf* with FreeBSD; so my USB external mouse. All this only if I keep away the iichid driver from rc.conf or loader.conf. If I keep it on, notwithstanding my accurate touchpad.conf in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/, I boot to CLI. The problem is that xorg does not read libinput's events because it doesn't find the libinput module. I controlled, and found that xorg is too old (February 2016) and isn't patched. So, I'm trying to download, build and install the 1.20.7 version of xorg. I hope it won't be too difficult for me. Many thanks for your much appreciated attention.

Solution probably found: your suggestions were very important for me! I thought: (i) my touchpad does work with OpenBSD; (ii) my X server does run without any xorg.conf*; (iii) so as regards my external USB mouse. All this only if I keep iichid out of rc.conf or loader.conf. If I keep it on, and so load iichid.ko, notwithstanding a correct xorg.conf.d/touchpad.conf (the one you suggested!), I boot into CLI. That is because X.Org X Server 1.18.4 is too old (2016-07-19), not patched, and does not use correctly the libinput driver and so no /dev/input/event is found. I'm trying to update Xorg to 1.20.7, but I hope that all the necessary actions won't be too difficult for me. Thanks for your much appreciated support.
SOLVED - Well, upgrading xorg to 7.7_3, correct /dev/input/events are read and iichid does work sufficiently well following wulf7's suggestions in his README.md. Thanks to all experts who helped.

Excellent morning!

I want to thank the two of you (aragats and giocitta) for pointing me in the right direction - my touchpad FINALLY works as a mouse and not a coffee cup holder <G>.

I was able to download Wulf's work, followed giocitta's step-by-step install, add the sections to /etc/X11/xorg.conf (and /boot/loader.conf) and viola!

Thanks again,
Markb (13.0-Current on Precision m7740)

Back