ASUS Z10PE-D16WS

Hi All,
I have a question that is related to FreeBSD OS but also to FreeNAS. Just posted the same Q to FreeNAS People. I have a brand new ASUS Z10PE-D16WS mobo and trying to install FreeNAS 9.10 based on FreeBSD 10.3 (RC?). After few seconds after boot (the BSD kernel is bringing up the system) the machine just reboot -forever. The question is. Have someone try to run Free BSD 10.3 on the Z10PE mobo so far?.
I am trying to figure out what the hell is going on.
Thanks.

If it hangs on boot it can be the hardware, or a mistake in a configuration file. Try a simplified install, single user mode, or use your install cd as a live boot disc and check the logs. The /var/ logs should definately tell you if the hardware isn't supported.

Asus boards are becoming less reliable every day. They RMA do not stop to grow, most are DOA. If you still have time change, go for Supermicro.

After few seconds after boot (the BSD kernel is bringing up the system) the machine just reboot -forever. The question is. Have someone try to run Free BSD 10.3 on the Z10PE mobo so far?.

The question is, does a kernel panic occur or is the machine hard rebooting.
If no kernel panic occur, then probably the watchdog counter/timer is enabled and not recognized, so the watchdog forces the reboot.
Sorry i can not check the manual, because the Asus manual server are down again.

Back