Are you trusting Google with all of your online life?

I use custom ROMs from XDA website. They are wonderful and open-source as they are based on Android which is also open-source. All you need to do is avoid flashing GApps (google apps package) or use MicroG (alternate to google service framework).
I currently have no google apps on my phone and it saves battery life much better.

Just stay away from google. Use ProtonMail or Tutanota Mail instead of gmail. And various other google apps alternatives can found on internet if you search "de-google Android". And also switch to DuckDuckGo search engine (they dont track you).
The only service I use is Youtube but I use it using a different client (get it on FossDroid or F-Droid).

No difference. But there is a difference if you (intro-) inspect the traffic of a box from that box itself. Because AFAIK there are NICs that let the driver set the MAC, but the HW refuses to use that, instead still sends out the hardcoded MAC out to the wire or antenna. Then what your sniffer tools shows you, could be what the driver thinks is the faked MAC address, not that what really goes over the wire/antenna. That's what I mean.

No no no. It's not about the interface. That's quite modern & good BTW. It's about the engine & it's security open doors; add "+history" to the search. Just use any other browser than (firefox|chrome), and everything's all right.

So Chrome will send the contents of every Web page you visit, including your email inbox to some translation engine in its cloud if you have certain options set. I don't use Chrome so I can't verify this.
What about Chromium?
Does it do that, too?

No no no. It's not about the interface. That's quite modern & good BTW. It's about the engine & it's security open doors; add "+history" to the search. Just use any other browser than (firefox|chrome), and everything's all right.
🤦‍♂️ you scare me 🤣 , I dont know is any human like that interface

I don't use Chromium either, sorry. I use Firefox.
Just curiously wanted to know about the behavior of Chromium, whether this code has been removed which sends Google what you read.

Other things I don't understand is, why people don't deactivate that browser warning about malicious sites.
This sends your page requests to another (unknown) server, and waits until that site gave its OK for you to see that site.
Apparently a lucrative business model of browser and antivirus manufacturers, who try to grab a portion of the privacy sale market from the usual bad guys.

Or DoH.
There are already some DNS providers in the boat, skimming the browsing data.
I wonder how many $$$ Mozilla Foundation cashed in for this "feature".
Luckily in the FreeBSD port DoH is deactivated by default. 👍

Reminded me of the Verisign Site Finder thing
What bewilders me most that these <politely censored> are still in business, being "trusted" as .com TLD chieftains.
That their "license" hadn't been revoked by the ICANN shows the decline of ethics.

iridium was in the ports and packages but not anymore, btw , at the end was become slower and slower compared to chromium
and I think that they send information just like chrome
What about Brave browser? I'm using it for a long time with DDG search engine.

What about Brave browser?
They have interesting approaches and apparently actually care about what is done with the users' data.
When I got time to play with the Linuxulator, I'll try installing Brave and Vivaldi, too.

Regarding sending information, one has to remember that all that "protection" against malicious sites etc only can work by calling home at the browser company or its affiliates and telling them what you are going to visit. Basically this is worse than any DoH imho.

They have interesting approaches and apparently actually care about what is done with the users' data.
When I got time to play with the Linuxulator, I'll try installing Brave and Vivaldi, too.

Regarding sending information, one has to remember that all that "protection" against malicious sites etc only can work by calling home at the browser company or its affiliates and telling them what you are going to visit. Basically this is worse than any DoH imho.
I see it but not call my atencion,maybe in future
for the desktop I use falkon
and in my cell phone (yeah yeah..I complain before I know it)
a firewall and firefox with sync,
I look the "master password" option im firefox but not apear
I read that when using firefox sync the passwords travels encrypted side to side

and the mayority of keyboards in playstore call to the outside sending data,
thanks god for the firewalls

sorry the answer was for avgijbsd

Which pills are you taking? One web search on "firefox+security" and you'll avoid that evil crap like the plague.
I did as you suggested and searched google for firefox+security+history.

I didn't see anything that concerned me. Exactly what do you see that will convince me to "avoid it like the Plague"?

I disable JavaScript globally and enable it on a site-by-site basis with the NoScript browser extension as I browse. I'm very familiar with the process and can tell by looking at a list of scripts which ones need enabled for minimal functionality and the site still work.

I use the Firefox extensions HTTPS Everywhere, uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger, Toggle Referrer, User-Agent Switcher and Shodan.io.

I delve into about:config and set things right in there, including to enable it to show punycode.

I opened www/firefox-esr last night and watched it sit there inactive several minutes while running pftop and amazonaws was the only thing that didn't time out, but I never see any ads.

Back