Apache error? With UPNP?

Hi everyone,

If one of my users is connecting to the Apache server, I get an error every 30 seconds in httpd-error.log and this makes me crazy:
Code:
File does not exist: /usr/local/www/apache22/data/upnp

How can I avoid this error message? Is this an error, or what? I googled the internet for two days, but I didn't find any useful solutions for this.

Sometimes there is some extension:

Code:
Invalid method in request SUBSCRIBE /upnp/service/WANCommonInterfaceConfig HTTP/1.1
Invalid method in request SUBSCRIBE /upnp/service/WANPPPConnection HTTP/1.1
Invalid method in request SUBSCRIBE /upnp/service/Layer3Forwarding HTTP/1.1
File does not exist: /usr/local/www/apache22/data/upnp
Invalid method in request SUBSCRIBE /upnp/service/WANCommonInterfaceConfig HTTP/1.1

I'm a newbie in Apache, and it must be my mistake. Thanks.

It's the client that's sending requests for non-existing pages. Look for a solution on the client, not the server.

• Thanks
Reactions: cvc
SirDice said:
It's the client that's sending requests for non-existing pages. Look for a solution on the client, not the server.

On client? What app? They are using google chrome only, but if an another client connecting, with the same browser version, there is no error message...

A quick google search showed that uTorrent might be the culprit.

:) no torrent allowed, it's not installed, checked twice in installed programs, services, registry, etc... anywhere...

Look in your apache log files, the client's IP address is also logged. Check the machine that has that IP address.

But when I checked the services in Vista, there is a service named upnphost... I halted the service, and TADAAAAM! There is no more error... arrrgh...
Thanks...

Back