Solved anyone know how to make freebsd scale correctly in virtual box?

It seems no matter what I try the scaling is terrible and the resolution isn't correct. I cant change the resolution in virtual screen 1 and when I go full screen it is basically a 5 x 5 inch box with small characters. I am running windows 10, virtual box version 5.2.12 and my screen resolution is 1366 x 768. I tried changing guest screen size and that doesn't work.

The steps to make VirtualBox work properly are in HERE. However, I've seem that not working for some people some time ago, and IIRC their problem was something related with Intel graphics drivers, but I am not sure.

EDIT: btw, for Windows (I do not use it), HyperV should be the best hypervisor to select. And you will also need to install the VirtualBox Guest Addtions on Windows.

The steps to make VirtualBox work properly are in HERE. However, I've seem that not working for some people some time ago, and IIRC their problem was something related with Intel graphics drivers, but I am not sure.

EDIT: btw, for Windows (I do not use it), HyperV should be the best hypervisor to select. And you will also need to install the VirtualBox Guest Addtions on Windows.
Do I use xorg even though im only using the comman line and not a gui?

If you just need console, you can alternatively install some very light WM and open many terminals as you want need. For this purpose a Tilling-WM would fit even better than a stack one (IMO). You could try x11-wm/bspwm. No bar, no anything by default, just the WM and the hotkey daemon.

I am in the same boat, and I can add that there is no guest CD for FreeBSD any longer. I needed to change the resolution in Win10 to FullHD and the the scaling of VirtualBox is sufficient to work with it.

And HyperV does not do it since this is some company laptop.

Back