Anyone here uses Teams on FreeBSD?

you mean my sound card?

cat /dev/sndstat
Installed devices:
pcm0: <Realtek ALC269 (Analog 2.0+HP/2.0)> (play/rec) default
pcm1: <Realtek ALC269 (Internal Analog Mic)> (rec)
Realtek ALC strikes again. At this point we don't even need to ask, its's always the latest Realtek chip and drivers - either microphone doesn't work or works as if it is suffering from a new strain of SARS (insert year).

Realtek ALC strikes again. At this point we don't even need to ask, its's always the latest Realtek chip and drivers - either microphone doesn't work or works as if it is suffering from a new strain of SARS (insert year)
I use Teams with no problems. Tricks: compile chromium from ports (thanks this thread) and use it on x11/kde5 (didn't work on wayland/wayfire). Realtek ALC works fine too (I have ALC257 and ALCS1200A).

I expect Firefox (with a particular user agent override for teams.microsoft.com and one other domain) to be good for essentials, but not for screen sharing.

Unfortunately not good for calling or sharing. Calls are connected, cameras work, but video is not communicated.

No better without the override.

I have had Teams working with all features on Chromium from ports since 13.0. Currently running 14.1. I use virtualoss.

Firefox can work for Teams for all features (I use it on a Linux laptop), but I have not been able to get all features working on FreeBSD; I don't have the patience to work on this when Chromium works out of the box.

I am happy to share further details of my hardware and configuration if it's helpful to anyone.

I also use it regularly with Iridium (privacy-focused Chromium) and video conference calls work quite well and reliably.

Back