Any interest in Tribal Trouble 1?

Yep, and for the dedicated server too, thought it's kind of hard to run 'cause you need about three different processes, a Mysql database, a Tomcat server, etc. I think I should be able to make the server run out of a single jar using Jetty and H2.

This branch compiles and runs under Eclipse on my Freebsd 12 desktop: https://github.com/Jose123456/tribaltrouble/tree/fbsd-eclipse

You'll have to install eclipse, apache-ant, openal-soft, xrandr, and lwjgl. Packages worked fine for me.

I did. These guys added some interesting mods for running larger islands:

And instructions for running the server, but they still want you to install Mysql, Tomcat, etc. Strangely, I couldn't find anyone else that had extracted the public key from the distribution binary to make the registration work. The Team Penguin guys hacked around it.

Edit: And this guy made a whole bunch of changes to modernize the Java:

It's unclear to me that he made any improvements. It would be hard to extract them from his massive commits in any case.

Looks like there are 4 independent forks with substantial number of commits. NIH is strong with this one.

Strangely, I couldn't find anyone else that had extracted the public key from the distribution binary to make the registration work.

I imagine it's easier to just disable the registration code.

Last edited:
I imagine it's easier to just disable the registration code.
Judge for yourself:

vs.

Back