Another nice implementation of FreeBSD

Funny though, I've always been told watching too much TV is bad for your eyes.
depends on what you watch. Some things call for mind bleach. But gaming is not that passive sitting around. Well, there is that real time game Voyage to Alpha Centauri, but...

Video games are good for improving memory or thought, but not always. When someone gets a concussion, their brains need heavy rest for months, and doing homework and playing video games delays their recovery, because they can be mentally intensive.
Brain science is like the space, computer or any other so called science. The scientific conclusions vary, change and depend on the knowledge or imagination of the expert(s). In my case medical science, can't do much . Somehow, visual effects in some 3D games are helping me, whatever it might be - science behind digital 3D motion in games or just visual effects and/or illusions that the games create, which activate and improve certain functions of my brain. Not all people react or respond the same way to the same visual presentation or intensive mental tasks. Some get mentally intense others might relax watching or doing exactly the same thing. I relax when I play PC games and get, sometimes, intense when FreeBSD doesn't work as I expect. Tho, none of those tasks interfere with my recovery or worsen my condition. They actually help. Games help me with visual focus and coordination of my eyes and hands. FreeBSD helps me with long term memory. It forces me to recall and retain my prior knowledge.

Back to original topic with a question:

Why would be a good reason to implement another FreeBSD instance in FreeBSD bhyve instead of FreeBSD jail?

toorski
Video games, homework, school work, projects, learning a job task and other projects involve mental exercise, that can be compared to physical exercise. Exercise has benefits, but there's also burnout. A weight lifter has to rest a few days to recover. If someone breaks their arm, they have to recover for 2 or more months. If one doesn't exercise mentally or physically, they atrophy. There is light exercise that when someone is physically injured that they use to get stronger, to maintain strength or to exercise other parts of their body.

There is something that I read that different mental tasks allow another function of the brain to rest and recover. So if there's mental burnout from reading, then that didn't cause a burnout for processes that use math. So, to switch between different types of mental functions from reading/writing, math. Wondering is also good, because that's when good ideas usually pop up. When you enjoy something, you can still have burnout, but it's less likely or less often. If a video game is helpful, and you made that observation, then that is science, but just not commonly referred to as science.

The case of concussion, is comparable to a physical injury that takes months to recover from, so their brains need more rest, and maybe light work for recovery.

Why would be a good reason to implement another FreeBSD instance in FreeBSD bhyve instead of FreeBSD jail?

Not answering the question, just back to the original topic. I said I'd probably run Windows under bhyve before, but actually think I'd go with Xen. FreeBSD has a port for it.

For some time I've thought about using a VM instead of swapping around boot drives. Using a VM is the modern way. I did some reading and discovered that bhyve is actually a type 2 hypervisor and I think a bare metal type 1 like Xen would be better for me, at least for my purposes. With type 1 my primary instance of both Windows and FreeBSD would run at the same level.

In a sense Hyper-V would be better since it's actually a bare metal hypervisor. The only ding I'd have against Hyper-V is it's a Microsoft product. I like Xen better only because it's open source. That's just where my starting point would be since I have no actual experience using either of them.

but actually think I'd go with Xen. FreeBSD has a port for it.
I think Xen is geard more towards Linux. It's their default VM Host/ Hypervisor in almost all Linux based distribution packages. Anyways, all VMs that emulate other Operating Systems do the same thing, with more or less options and features.
I play with bhyve in FreeBSD, Xen in Linux and Hyper-V in MSOS just to learn.

depends on what you watch. Some things call for mind bleach. But gaming is not that passive sitting around. Well, there is that real time game Voyage to Alpha Centauri, but...

I don't watch TV, because I don't have one. There're enough commercials and news for entertainment outlets on the WWW. But, I don't watch those either :mad:

But, I do play and condsider games for digital devices, in my case only PC, the most advanced software applications, in every aspect of multimedia software development, excluding highly specialized scientific digital modeling and analisys apps. Here is what games provide, in most cases for less than $50 bucks: Art, 2D/3D graphics engines, AI engines, MP engines, digital motion video, live interaction with the AI of the game or with other players to learn, solve problems, relax or just have fun. Some even get pay to play.

And yes, there are good, bad, dumb, stupid, and outright dangerous games especially for young children. Many games have hiden messages and agendas such as promoting certain ideas, products and habits like addication. There're many highly educated and skilled manipulators in the game of developing games. But, the same goes for the rest of cyber world - Google, Facebook, MS, Apple, IBM .. etc. They play their own MP games on the global scale to win influence, acces, power and money, while gaming every one and anyone along the way - kids, men, women and all other gender benders :)

Back