Solved Animated boot loader

you said "The first though that will get into [h]is mind is "Hey! we have an hacker here" or the system has a severe problem and that does not seem to be a good image."

and now you're telling me that was a lie or make up something completely different .. or you don't want people knowing you're actually a HACKER. :eek: ??

thanks for the heads up afterwords
got some typing errors, sorry for not being as good as chatgpt :)
by the way I'm not an hacker, I just don't do it, but I could be.
A surgeon is totally qualified to be the best butcher but he's not, but could be.

got some typing errors, sorry for not being as good as chatgpt :)
by the way I'm not an hacker, I just don't do it, but I could be.
A surgeon is totally qualified to be the best butcher but he's not, but could be.
the media destroyed the true meaning of what a (computer) hacker is.

I will consider this thread as "Solved" with no solution/not developed yet.
Thank you all for sharing your ideas.

true
developers sometimes have to hack, to put their hands in the dirt, to fix stuff, well I do very often.
yep, just hack away at the keyboard until they get it to work.
what if I try this
what if I try this
what if I try this
what if I try this
There it is,
I got it.

Can't reproduce this (on -CURRENT, at least), and looking at the vt code (https://cgit.freebsd.org/src/tree/sys/dev/vt/vt_buf.c#n792), it explicitly strips trailing "space" characters.

Ah right, there have been three commits to vt_buf.c since the 12.4 I'm running, that has 2022-03-07 as its latest patch (same as 13.1, as you mention).

Code:
vt(4): When cutting a line, append a newline character.
Ivan Quitschal 2022-10-12

(actually an \r, not \n ?)

vt: Improve multi lingual word separation.
Hans Petter Selasky 2022-07-05

vt: Fix contents of paste buffer for newcons.
Hans Petter Selasky 2022-07-05

What are the steps to reproduce?

EDIT: I see that there were some fixes in that area that are only in main and stable/13 (so upcoming 13.2-RELEASE), but not in 13.1-RELEASE; not sure which one you are running, if 13.1, could you please retest with 13.2?

Sorry, I'm on 12 for the next while, but one could see the same behaviour on 13.1 by:

. Select perhaps most of a vt screen of text with long, short and empty lines
. Open 'ee somefile'
. Paste buffer with middle button or equivalent.
. See ^@ chars followed by full 80 (or other) char lines, and only half your selection.
. Save, view with more|less.

Glad to hear it's been fixed, thanks. Can it copy / paste a whole vt screen now?

yep, just hack away at the keyboard until they get it to work.
what if I try this
what if I try this
what if I try this
what if I try this
There it is,
I got it.
I did try several options and it always end in something I don't want even messing up the boot the way the system no longer boots at all.
Looking for someone who successfully did that already was my goal on this post.
Just forget about the "hack" statement.

Just forget about the "hack" statement.
can't it's OCD'd in now baby :oops:

I just got done hacking away at e16 and epplets to get them working on another system void linux to get that all working properly. whoever did the package for e16 didn't even bother adding epplets for that DT let alone make it properly it was missing crucial elements to the DT, so it needed fixing.
🙃

Back