Other Amazing Fvwm CDE clone!

Thanks. How do I do this?

As root...
Code:
ln -s /usr/local/bin/python3.7 /usr/bin/python && ln -s /usr/local/bin/python3.7 /usr/bin/python3 && ln -s /usr/local/bin/python3.7 /usr/local/bin/python && ln -s /usr/local/bin/python3.7 /usr/local/bin/python3

As root...
Code:
ln -s /usr/local/bin/python3.7 /usr/bin/python && ln -s /usr/local/bin/python3.7 /usr/bin/python3 && ln -s /usr/local/bin/python3.7 /usr/local/bin/python && ln -s /usr/local/bin/python3.7 /usr/local/bin/python3

but if those packages are missing still what is to be installed instead?
py36-yaml, py36-qt5, python36, py36-xd all seem to be missing

Ok, instead of replying to each one, I will summarize here all ...

1st, thanks Datapanic, "firectory" will be "directory" in rc16 when released. Pushed on github now. :)

2nd: tweaking of NsCDE/bin/nscde should be done by Installer.ksh if gsed is installed prior to that. No need for manual action.

3rd: py-36, py-37, py-38, py-3N ... if I want to make it smoothly install and work on many Linux distributions and FreeBSD (didn't yet tried NetBSD and OpenBSD), I need python 3 no matter minor release number. Unfortunately, various distributions and systems are reffering to Python 3.X with various names, and this is difficult to track. FreeBSD unfortunately doesn't provide "python3" symlink or binary, but changes this with minor releases, which is annoying. When Installer was written, 3.6 was default on FreeBSD - if I boot my FreeBSD VM now and update, it will probably be in need for a new symlink of python3. Maybe there is some meta package that is taking care of that, but I'm not aware of it. If somebody knows how to fix it on FreeBSD, I'm all ears.

4th: About port: when I find a time, I will make reorganisation of the installation to use more standard paths, which will make packaging efforts easier. For now, it is behaving like alien in /opt or whatever you anchor it. :)

P. S.
Release 1.0rc15 is still using FvwmForm for notifications (for example click on Calendar applet on FP), but 1.0rc16 have Notifier written in FvwmScript, which is dinamically generated depending of amount of text and best effort for the font size too. This is a preparation for upcoming FVWM 3 which will not have FvwmForm module.

P.P.S.
If you are not sure if your installation is working ok, or simply as a demostration of features and guide, you can see this 12 videos on youtube. This is fresh. Enjoy!

Bye!

Back