Akonadi won't start

To build all ports take a lot of time, both mine and compiling them. And I have the impression that a lot of software is necessarily compiled.
Tried for Akonadi with SQLite, a
Code:
make config-recursive
and lots and lots of software shown up. I gave up. It I remember correctly, it was even calling FORTRAN and LPACK and many others that shouldn't be there for the Akonadi application.

What do you do? Any trick you'd like to share?
I tried # make config-recursive at one point, but then I realized that this is not a good way to go.... So my approach is to:
  1. Install LLVM - devel/llvm90, devel/llvm10, devel/llvm11, devel/llvm12
  2. Install GCC
  3. Install lang/rust
  4. Install graphics/graphviz without lang/ruby27, devel/doxygen, MySQL, and Java
  5. Install lang/ruby27, this time with doxygen, but still without Java and MySQL...
Basically, the trick is not to over-rely on automation, and pay attention as you go. Otherwise, it's just too difficult to hunt down the errors. And take good notes, too - it really helps with coming back to the train wreck you left behind.

Yes, I know it's from 2015. But that's where the dead link is pointing at.

Aside that due to its design Sqlite there are still a few use cases where Sqlite will be always slower compared to full blown RDBMS engines like Postgres or MySQL.

Yes, I know it's from 2015. But that's where the dead link is pointing at.

Aside that due to its design Sqlite there are still a few use cases where Sqlite will be always slower compared to full blown RDBMS engines like Postgres or MySQL.
I personally think that SQLite is frankly plenty for driving a DE on one machine for one user. If more than one user or more than one machine at the same time were actively involved, then I'd take a look at compiling Akonadi against MySQL.

Back