Solved AIO Liquid Cooler recommendations

astyle

Daemon

I got a liquid-cooled Gigabyte GPU... Thing is, it does need a cooler. However, I'm reluctant to blow $300 USD and up for a cooling kit. Buying parts separately would run me at least as much, and I still would have to spend a lot of time tracking down the separate parts, assembling them, and then discovering that some part is either not up to snuff in terms of quality or not assembled correctly or something is missing. One important thing I learned - the pump needs to be as low as practical. To this end, I identified 3 AIO coolers that seem to fit the bill:

Rosewill RGB AIO cooler - $109 on Amazon. The reason it fits the bill - the pump is integrated into the radiator, so I can most likely adapt this AIO system to my GPU.
MSI cooler - $93 on Amazon. Just like Rosewill, it has a pump integrated into the radiator.
be quiet! double-decoupled pump - $95 on Amazon - this one fits the bill because the pump is not built into the waterblock.

So basically - I'd like to ask for some help identifying more options like above - not a kit that requires assembly, and the pump not being built into the waterblock. Thanks!

ct85711

Doing a quick search on expanding AIO cooling systems, it seems to be a common verdict in that it is possible not recommended. One of the most common issues when modifying/expanding a AIO water cooling, is that the water pump included are often weak at the bare minimum. Another thing that is frequently mentioned, is that you shouldn't mix aluminum and copper systems together. The AIO setups that do, tend to have their coolant mixture setup to minimize the amount of corrosion. This also ties into the part of diluting the coolant mixture isn't good either. So it seems that using a AIO kit cool both the CPU and GPU isn't as common. (Assuming you want the water cooling also cool the CPU, if not then one less issue).

OP
astyle

astyle

Daemon

Nope, I plan to cool both CPU and GPU separately (for now, I may still splurge for a cooling kit next year with quality parts). Aluminum and copper systems - ct85711 , are you referring to the metal fittings and suggesting to make sure they match on both the AIO system and the GPU's waterblock? Most GPU's have copper heat spreaders

In that case, I'd probably want to have more than just three options.

OP
astyle

astyle

Daemon

Now that I read the ekweb article, it seems like proximity of components (made from different metals) is part of the issue - like a copper screw-on lid mated to an aluminum reservoir/waterblock. Yeah, that's stuff to pay attention to when selecting the AIO. Seems like as long as the coolant doesn't leak, an AIO should be capable of cooling my GPU, just hook the hoses into the GPU's waterblock, and make sure the pump works. But man, my requirements seem to filter out most of the stuff on the market.

OP
astyle

astyle

Daemon

Solved the problem... with a Be Quiet! AIO, Corsair 13/10 fittings, and 3/8 inch clear vinyl tubing from Home Depot. Mated that to the GPU, so now I'm a happy camper.

OP
astyle

astyle

Daemon

Pix or it didn't happen. :cool:
Here you go... I could have done a better job with the hoses - they block just about everything below the GPU, so the only options for any upgrades that remain are: adding RAM or an SATA SSD... :p
😤
1634510913277.png