Solved Adobe Flash Plugin for Firefox

Hi

I am trying to install the flash plugin, but couldn't make it.

Followed :

1. enabled kdload linux.

2. Installed emulators/linux_base-c6 and www/linux-c6-flashplugin11.

3. Installed www/nspluginwrapper.

4. Issued nspluginwrapper -v -a -i as the user.

But still it is not working. I tried by re-installing the firefox using pkg delete firefox and pkg install firefox. It is not working... Firefox is not listing the flash in about:plugins.

Any suggestions ?

What is the output of nspluginwrapper -l as user? And that of pkg check -d linux-c6-flashplugin11? When launching Firefox manually, have you found any messages related to plugins in the console?

1.Output for nspluginwrapper -l
Nothing.i.e no messages were displayed

2. Output for pkg check -d linux-c6-flashplugin11
Code:
Checking linux-c6-flashplugin11: 100%

3. Output for starting firefox from the shell
Code:
(process:1724): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed

But after installing the KDE from the ports... I found Adobe Flash Player in Menu--> Settings....it is not working....

I remember when I issued nspluginwrapper -v-a -i .. after checking the /usr/local/lib/browser-plugins it displayed something like
FATAL: Kernel too old.

Thanks

No... I don't have anything in/etc/sysctl.conf

But I remember...when I tried to compile from the ports it gave me an error that
Code:
compat.linux.osrelease=2.6.16
is not supported. Therefore I passed the following parameter to the kernel compat.linux.osrelease=2.6.18 ...then it compiled without any errors. Should I include this parameter in the /etc/sysctl.conf ??

Back