Add extension to existing PHP install - production

I'm trying to install a app on an existing production system.

The app tells me:

Code:
For PHP5, make sure that PHP is compiled with the following extension:
--with-xsl

We'll I didn't compile with XSLT support

Can I just install XSLT straight from ports? Are there great risk with this?

all I could find in ports was:

Code:
# locate XSLT
/usr/ports/textproc/p5-XML-LibXSLT
/usr/ports/textproc/p5-XML-XSLT
/usr/ports/www/p5-Catalyst-View-XSLT
/usr/ports/www/p5-Sledge-Plugin-XSLT

none of these look like they are php extensions...

help!!

DutchDaemon said:
lang/php5-extensions contains the XSL option (off by default). Turn it on in [cmd=]make config[/cmd] and reinstall.

before I take my small world down please clarify "reinstall" I've be on google searching but nothing is jumping out and I can't feel 100% sure..

you want me to...

Code:
cd /usr/ports/lang/php5
make deinstall 
make config <-- update options -->
make reinstall clean

There are different ways to "reinstall" [a port], but I would do it the following way.

Of course first run ``make config'' (note correct BSD-style quoted string) from /usr/ports/lang/php5-extensions/ . You can even do a ``make rmconfig'' to remove previous options set.

I would use portupgrade for the "reinstall". /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portupgrade if you don't already have it.

Then, ``portupgrade -f <package name>''. I'm not sure what that package is named exactly, but say if you wanted to reinstall php, you would type ``portupgrade -f php5-5.2.12''.

Skip using the php5-extension meta port.

Go directly to textproc/php5-xsl and do a # make install clean. This will compile the module and "activate it" in your extensions.ini file. No need to make a deinstall or reconfigure anything.

Then you just have to restart apache if it's using mod_php5 to get it to work.

gilinko said:
Skip using the php5-extension meta port.

Go directly to textproc/php5-xsl and do a # make install clean. This will compile the module and "activate it" in your extensions.ini file. No need to make a deinstall or reconfigure anything.

Then you just have to restart apache if it's using mod_php5 to get it to work.

I like the sound of that! I'm working on a "test" box so I can try things in test before it hits the production box. Thank you all for your help!

Back