acpi_tz0: _CRT value is absurd, ignored (-273.1C)

Hi
I have dualbooted FreeBSD (with Linux) on HP Pavilion G6 2298SE. This laptop has hybrid graphics card (intel and amd). The problem is that the system is giving me following error:
Code:
acpi_tz0:  _CRT value is absurd, ignored (-273.1C)
Please check attached screenshot.
Some forums' posts say to ignore this message, and some say to disable acpi. Moreover, I have noticed that in FreeBSD the AMD Graphics card is more active, as compared to Linux. Kindly guide me in this respect. Should I ignore it? Should I disable acpi? and Why AMD is more active in FreeBSD?
Thanks

Attachments

• acpi.jpeg
    acpi.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 143
Not guaranteed to solve the issue but have you checked for a BIOS/UEFI update for your laptop model?

Not guaranteed to solve the issue but have you checked for a BIOS/UEFI update for your laptop model?
No, I did not checked or updated BIOS since the date of purchase in 2014. Because it is delicate matter and have danger of bios problems.

Thermal zones, e.g. your tz0 are temperature sensors on the motherboard.
As far as I know there is no specification what they should be connected to.

A common place was a sensor under the CPU (in the socket) on older motherboards and also the northbridges often had temperature sensors close to them on the motherboard.
Today, sensors are build into the dies, throtteling/shutting down is not necessary anymore to be handled by acpi_thermal(4) as CPUs and Graphicscards do that on their own.

My 2014 notebook's only sensor is tz0 and it always shows around 25°C all the time. Stressing my CPU does not make it's temperature rise, so it seems to be connected to something else. Which is logical, as my Intel CPU has on-die sensor as most modern CPUs.
If you are concerned about CPU temperatures of your Intel CPU, load coretemp(4).

Should I ignore it?
Yes, there is nothing wrong whith your system, I'd guess there is a sensor defined in your BIOS (AML), but no sensor attached to it.
Should I disable acpi?
No.

Back