Access Point with Realtek, Intel and Atheros.

Hello

the only wireless card who allow me to use the channel 165 in an AP in Linux is the RTL8812AE. I don't know if this Realtek card is supported by FreeBSD, the last time I have check it was not. I was using the Intel Corporation Wi-Fi 6 AX200 on FreeBSD but it was only usable as a client on the channel 165. As an access point it was not working and it is not working on Linux too. I have switch the Intel card for an Atheros one on the FreeBSD machine.

Qualcomm Atheros AR93xx Wireless

On Linux it was working only as a client on the channel 165. The module ath9k seem's to be the only one in the Linux tree to support this card, and only in 2.4ghz channels. On FreeBSD it have always work as a client but, to my surprise, I have been able to use it as an access point on channel 165. So now not only my Realtek can serve as an access point on the highest channel of my cards. Thank's to FreeBSD my Atheros card can do it too.

That's the good point of not using only Linux as the system kernel. Many Linux value less than a Linux and a BSD. It add the value instead of divising it.

Back