A Good RSS Newsfeed Reader

I monitor several websites for RSS feeds of news items and podcasts on a variety of subjects ranging from space to amateur radio.

I tried out Newsbeuter but I wasn't happy having to run it through Terminal. I just installed QuiteRSS and it looks like it'll do the job for me. It has a nice user interface and I can read individual news reports and download podcasts as well.

Feedly is a very nice web-based RSS aggregator, similar to what Google Reader was like back in the day. I like using that, as I can access it from any web browser, or via mobile apps (like gReader or Podkicker). Keeps everything central and accessible, without having to host it locally.

Feedly looks nice but unfortunately it's web-based or a mobile app only and I like to keep my preferences away from marketers whenever possible. Just personal preference. :)

Feedly is a very nice web-based RSS aggregator, similar to what Google Reader was like back in the day. I like using that, as I can access it from any web browser, or via mobile apps (like gReader or Podkicker). Keeps everything central and accessible, without having to host it locally.
I never heard of this one before. I might consider it to an alternative to QuiteRSS.

One reason I decided to use QuiteRSS was that it is similar in many ways to NewsMac which I'm running on my iMac. NM provides the direct link to the news item or podcast file plus, in many cases, the RSS feed website, which makes it easy for me to download MP3s.

QuiteRSS appears to have the same flexibility.

Back